skhussain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've got a 3000 word essay due in less than 2 days. I don't know how and when time went by bloody procrastinating like there's no tomorrow.

I am full fledged panicking at the moment. Currently, finding articles and research papers on my topic. Any help will be appreciated! help a brother out here.

The topic is " Private companies seeking growth finance are spoilt for choice."
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by skhussain)
I've got a 3000 word essay due in less than 2 days. I don't know how and when time went by bloody procrastinating like there's no tomorrow.

I am full fledged panicking at the moment. Currently, finding articles and research papers on my topic. Any help will be appreciated! help a brother out here.

The topic is " Private companies seeking growth finance are spoilt for choice."
I think this deserves a face palm. You are likely going to need to do an all nighter, and it's likely to be in late.

The first place I would start is to look at the lecture notes that talk about financing for private companies. There should be a key paper mentioned there.
Also consider looking in your unit outline, since all the key articles the lecturer will know about (and likely to give you the most marks) will be listed there
You should also check your main text for the relevant section regarding financing for private companies, and the references they use for them.
You could look up the academic references in the relevant Wikipedia articles.

The above should cut down your search time by a huge factor.

Should you need to use any defnition, consider lexico.com (it's affiliated with Oxford Dictionaries).
DJKL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You need to consider Fin Tech sources supplanting traditional high street banks, you also need to consider how said banks decide to lend. and the security sought, you could also touch on BBLs scheme re Covid though not sure enough time has elapsed re these to take a balanced view.

Personally I am not sure they are spoilt for choice, from my experience those that have existing financial strength can find funds, those with assets to secure can find funds, asset finance re plant opens some doors, but in reality the high street lenders appear to have stepped back , created more hoops, and Fin Tech has stepped into their shoes, so not so much spoilt for choice as different choice. (As I these days only deal with property investment funding (commercial property) for a very solid private group I really cannot help much more than this, sorry, these days I am out of the loop)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.16%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.09%
Financial worries (60)
6.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed