Queen Mary University vs The Business School(formerly Cass)for Business andManagement

Watch
Anto3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm going to study in London starting from September 2021 and I got an offer from both Queen Mary and Cass Business School for an undergraduate course in business and management. Cass course is a four years (with the third year in industry) while Queen Mary's one is a standard three years long course. Which uni do you think is the best in terms of prestige and recognition and quality of study for this specific course? I also value social life.
ppapanastasiou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I believe they are both good courses. I would have a preference towards Cass because it has a longer tradition in business subjects.
Anto3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ppapanastasiou)
I believe they are both good courses. I would have a preference towards Cass because it has a longer tradition in business subjects.
I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Do you think that the change in name (I think it's going to be called Bayes Business school from this September) will affect negatively the value of the degree? I've heard there are many ex alumni complaining that the change in name will cause people to link the degree to the parent University City of London, which has a less renowned reputation and is lower in rankings compared to the business school.
ppapanastasiou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In the long run I don't believe it will make a difference. Imperial Business School was also known in the past as Tanaka Business School. But surely a lot of people were not happy that they changed the name from Cass to Bayes. Cass was well known and obviously any new name will have an adjustment period.

But I would not consider my choice based on the name change. Cass (or Bayes) is a very good business school (I would never say top something since these are dangerous absolute statements) but most people would agree that it is a very good business school.
raphaël.godi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
imo Cass is way better than QMUL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed