University after level 4 apprenticeship

Watch this thread
Slushbunny17
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am currently finishing a levels and I want to do a year of level 4 apprenticeship but was wondering if I would be still eligible for a student loan to go to university afterwards
48Percent
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
The short answer is yes, you can have a level 4 qualification and then get a Student Loan. The guidance regarding not getting a Student Loan due to prior studies is only applicable where you already hold a degree levelqualification.
Slushbunny17
Rep:
(Original post by 48Percent)
The short answer is yes, you can have a level 4 qualification and then get a Student Loan. The guidance regarding not getting a Student Loan due to prior studies is only applicable where you already hold a degree levelqualification.
Okay thanks was just wondering as I have read somewhere that is you have completed a hogher level 5 that you would no longer be able to get a student loan as it would be considered as done higher education
48Percent
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Slushbunny17)
Okay thanks was just wondering as I have read somewhere that is you have completed a hogher level 5 that you would no longer be able to get a student loan as it would be considered as done higher education
Well, a Level 5 is A-Level equivalent- and doing A-Levels is one route into University. So that's definitely not the case!
Slushbunny17
Rep:
(Original post by 48Percent)
Well, a Level 5 is A-Level equivalent- and doing A-Levels is one route into University. So that's definitely not the case!
Oh ok, I thought level 3 was Alevels equivalent
k1tsun3
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Slushbunny17)
Oh ok, I thought level 3 was Alevels equivalent
A levels are level 3. Level 5 is HND.
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qu...ication-levels

As for the funding, you should still be eligible for some if you're doing a top up. I can't find clarification on how much though.
From gov UK:
"You may get limited funding if you’re ‘topping up’ a higher education qualification, for example you’ve finished an HNC, HND or Foundation Degree and now want to do an Honours degree."
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
48Percent
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes, sorry. I meant A-Levels are level 3, my point still stands.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (119)
68.79%
No (35)
20.23%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
10.98%

Watched Threads