Amara1004
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
In order to take Fashion marketing, would it be better to take a single or a double course at uni?
GatoMessi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you mean?
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah I'm a bit confused
Amara1004
Rep:
?
(Original post by GatoMessi)
What do you
Sorry for not making it clear, what i meant was that would it be better if I took a single major which focuses on one area of specialization (e.g. marketing). Or a double major which focuses two areas of specialization (e.g Fashion Marketing)
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amara1004)
Sorry for not making it clear, what i meant was that would it be better if I took a single major which focuses on one area of specialization (e.g. marketing). Or a double major which focuses two areas of specialization (e.g Fashion Marketing)
We don't typically use the word 'major' in the UK, just subject. But I would presume that if you want to specifically get into fashion marketing then do the fashion marketing one... whereas marketing alone may be broader yet you might be required to gain some experience in the fashion industry after uni. That being said, if you decided not to go into fashion after doing fashion marketing then you would likely still be able to do all the other marketing jobs...

I'm not an expert in this field, just giving a broad opinion
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you plan to study marketing in related to Fashion, it is best to take up Fashion Marketing. However if you wish to do mix of marketing and merchandising, for examplr, then take up Fashion Marketing & Merchandising.
Last edited by GatoMessi; 2 weeks ago
UniversityKatie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I studied fashion design and marketing (bachelors degree) and I would suggest studying fashion marketing because it gives you two industries that you can possibly go into instead of one. Even if you end up going into strictly fashion design, they will still want you to have an understanding of marketing and sales.
Amara1004
Rep:
?
(Original post by UniversityKatie)
I studied fashion design and marketing (bachelors degree) and I would suggest studying fashion marketing because it gives you two industries that you can possibly go into instead of one. Even if you end up going into strictly fashion design, they will still want you to have an understanding of marketing and sales.
Thank you 😁, I also want to ask what university you go to in order to take the course your currently taking.
UniversityKatie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I attended the University of Derby (quite a bad uni for fashion I don't recommend) but this is a testament as to how good doing a degree with marketing is because I got into one of the best universities for master degrees - so now I'm doing a marketing MSc at Cranfield University.
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you 😁, I also want to ask what university you go to in order to take the course your currently taking.
I would suggest you to do some research. Check this out first:
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/search..._years%5D=2021

There are 38 Universities doing "Fashion Marketing" course and you can check each one - to see what past students' had experienced.

By the way, I was going to do BSc/BA in International Buying & Merchandising at Epsom's University for the Creative Arts for this academic year 2020/21 but decided to decline the offer on the deadline date because of fear of COVID-19. Therefore I know bit about fashion. (worked fashion business, actually)

UAL is one of the best University in this country for Fashion but they have too many competition from students. I like Epsom's UCA because they are very small class - far smaller than London's UAL. The other reason is that Epsom is my birthplace (Now live in Portsmouth). Epsom is vert beautiful area, easy to go to the centre.

I attended Open Days (in-person - before COVID-19 took over!) for Southampton's Solent University, UAL (Elephant & Castle) and Epsom's UCA.

It is up to your preference whether you like popular place or smaller class or the location. Make sure you are going to choose the right place. Do check for any Open Days. At the moment, almost all of them are doing VIRTUAL Open day. It isn't the same as in-person open day, but it is better than nothing as you don't have to travel to all of them.

I wish you the best of luck in choosing your University
Last edited by GatoMessi; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (247)
75.08%
No (82)
24.92%

Watched Threads