PLAGIARISM- AQA gcse language paper 1 question 5

Watch this thread
Rice460
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, i just completed a language paper 1 q5 for my recent assessments, before going into the exam i memorized a description of a storm of the internet and re wrote it practically word for word. Do you think my teacher marking it will realize, and if so what do you think they will do ??
eshaxo456
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
hi what year are u in btw?
also dont worry they wont realise and even if they do they wont say anything bc they still has to mark it, if u didnt actually cheat (having notes with u ) they cant get u in trouble. the most they'll do is call u out for it
1ta_dx
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rice460)
Hi all, i just completed a language paper 1 q5 for my recent assessments, before going into the exam i memorized a description of a storm of the internet and re wrote it practically word for word. Do you think my teacher marking it will realize, and if so what do you think they will do ??
It is plagiarism, so yes, you can be caught and punished accordingly. I know if I did it in school, then my paper would be revoked and would be flagged.
But it depends on how well the answer was written and what your writing is usually like and if it looks really suspicious. In most cases, unless the teacher has seen it before, it would go unnoticed. But most of my English teachers in school use resources from the internet so for me, they probably would recognise it.
Last edited by pxrx_dx; 1 year ago
Rice460
Rep:
(Original post by eshaxo456)
also dont worry they wont realise and even if they do they wont say anything bc they still has to mark it, if u didnt actually cheat (having notes with u ) they cant get u in trouble. the most they'll do is call u out for it
I am in year 11 and these were my mocks counting towards my gcse
Rice460
Rep:
(Original post by parii_xd)
It is plagiarism, so yes, you can be caught and punished accordingly. I know if I did it in school, then my paper would be revoked and would be flagged.
Ah rud, not looking good, these were my mocks for my gcse !!
eshaxo456
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ohh ok im in year 11 too. btw are u doing triple science
Rice460
Rep:
Thank you for putting me at ease, slightly.
eshaxo456
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for putting me at ease, slightly.
npppp!
Rice460
Rep:
But it depends on how well the answer was written and what your writing is usually like and if it looks really suspicious. In most cases, unless the teacher has seen it before, it would go unnoticed. But most of my English teachers in school use resources from the internet so for me, they probably would recognise it.
We were given an image of like a spooky sky and graveyard and my story was about a sea storm, with reference to some spooky trees as were in the image, i think that might make my writing more sus. I am currently targeted a 8 in my enlish gcse but i feel as if the writing i did was still much above my ability ...
1ta_dx
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ah rud, not looking good, these were my mocks for my gcse !!
We were given an image of like a spooky sky and graveyard and my story was about a sea storm, with reference to some spooky trees as were in the image, i think that might make my writing more sus. I am currently targeted a 8 in my enlish gcse but i feel as if the writing i did was still much above my ability ...
The thing is right, there's nothing you can do about it now. It's done. If it's a problem, you'll be told. If not, then let it slide (and I guess don't do it again). If you get the 9, well done, I guess. And I'm sure the GCSE will take all work into consideration, not just one test.
Last edited by pxrx_dx; 1 year ago
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I wish they would, but they likely won't.
Rice460
Rep:
The thing is right, there's nothing you can do about it now. It's done. If it's a problem, you'll be told. If not, then let it slide (and I guess don't do it again). If you get the 9, well done, I guess. And I'm sure the GCSE will take all work into consideration, not just one test.
Ok thanks alot for the advice
Rice460
Rep:
(Original post by Tolgash)
I wish they would, but they likely won't.
what makes you think they wont
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what makes you think they wont
People do this all the time and aren't penalised.
Rice460
Rep:
ohh ok im in year 11 too. btw are u doing triple science
No im not sorry
zynnjah123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what happened !

Aronisah8
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
is this true?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (6)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
14.29%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (2)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads