The Student Room Group

Architecture BA: 100% coursework or a mix of exams and coursework?

I'm trying to decide between 2 unis for architecture, and one of the biggest deciding factors is that one uni is assessed 100% through coursework whilst the other is assessed through a mix of exams and coursework. Any existing architecture students, which do you think is better?
There’s no right answer.

Do you prefer coursework or exams?
Reply 2
I've done exclusively art coursework for fine art a level, and I've done exams in other subjects. I can't decide which I prefer as both require different methods of working that I can apply myself well to. Which is why I wanted to hear about other students' experiences :")
Original post by M.al
I've done exclusively art coursework for fine art a level, and I've done exams in other subjects. I can't decide which I prefer as both require different methods of working that I can apply myself well to. Which is why I wanted to hear about other students' experiences :")

If you’re happy with either then it shouldn’t be a deciding factor when you decide which course best suits you.

Have you looked at their 2020 graduate shows to see the sort of work graduates produce. That’s often more helpful in working out which course will be a good match for your design style and interests.

Or if you say exactly which universities you’re interested in then current students might be able to give you more insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the course (and if they’re not on tsr then it’s worth looking at the detailed student survey results on the Discover Uni website to get a feel for what each course does well)

Quick Reply

Latest