The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

KCL or LSE

Hey. I've been having trouble deciding on either firming LSE or KCL.I recieved offers of AAB for LSE's Maths, Stats and Business (requiring A in Maths) and AAC for KCL's Maths (requiring A in Maths and Further Maths).I've seen that LSE has a lower student satisfaction score and is run quite poorly but I belive its better in terms of prestige to KCL.I would love to get other people's opinions on this! Thank you!
I think you're right about everything you say about the respective unis, but the LSE prestige is certain, while it is not certain that your particular student satisfaction will be lower: I'd go for LSE every time.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Very much depends what you are hoping to get from your degree and do afterwards.

If you wanted to become an investment banker than LSE is a no-brainer. However if you wanted to continue to a maths PhD then the KCL course is probably better since LSE doesn't really have a true maths department and has very limited offerings in a lot of core areas of maths.

There isn't an objectively correct answer for certain!
Also, student life at lse is not as bad as everyone says :smile:
Reply 4
Prestige is made up, doesn't exist. Don't make your choice based on people thinking LSE is better, make it based on what course is right for you.
Original post by Kuala
Prestige is made up, doesn't exist. Don't make your choice based on people thinking LSE is better, make it based on what course is right for you.

Yeah, right, getting a job is independent of the prestige of the uni. Good luck with that.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, right, getting a job is independent of the prestige of the uni. Good luck with that.

If you can't get a job without going to LSE then LSE won't save you
Original post by Kuala

This statement should be the same for KCL so you just need to follow your gut instinct! Deep down everyone would have a preference no matter how small the differences are. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Anti-Covid19
This statement should be the same for KCL so you just need to follow your gut instinct! Deep down everyone would have a preference no matter how small the differences are. Good luck!

Literally this.

If you wanna go LSE then do it, but also don't let concepts of prestige and reputation get in the way of choosing the course you will enjoy and excel the most in. Both are top Unis
Original post by Kuala

I'm not worried about not getting a job, I'm just afraid of having to work with you at Maccies.
Original post by Kuala

Yeah, same for getting A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending