Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I was getting A's and B's last year in psychology however dropped to C's this year (yr 13)....i had many personal issues going on as well as the whole lockdown in general...any advice to push it back to at least a B would be appreciated....(my next exam is on gender, schizo , aggression and research methods)
archere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Achieving a B grade would be very doable at this stage! You still have time to boost your grade so do not worry...nothing is set in stone and you can honestly achieve anything you put your mind to. Focus on the specific topics which have been your lowest scoring. Make flashcards for these topics.... apps like Quizlet are really good for making flashcards. Quizlet is useful when you have a spare 5 minutes...that could be when you’re in the car, waiting for dinner to cook etc...a spare 5 minutes on the topics you find most challenging will boost your grade a lot more than you think. It is much better to do little and often with your revision than slogging out for hours with inefficient revision methods. Focus on practice exam papers too...get your hands on as many as possible and practice them. Especially for the topics you find difficult!! If answering a whole paper feels time-consuming pick a few of the hardest questions and bullet point how you would answer them. Make sure you look at the mark schemes and utilise these to see what examiners are looking for. It may feel disheartening to struggle with the questions but it is much better to struggle now than in your real exam...you never know, those questions or even similar ones may be reused in your exam. Most importantly do not stress about your final grade. It is easier said than done but stressing will only be putting more pressure on yourself. Focus on your weakest areas and concentrate on using highly efficient revision with methods that work well for you. Stay consistent and these small steps will allow you to make a lot more progress than you would’ve ever thought possible. Believe in yourself and do this for YOU! best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads