The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens learning disability 2021

Hey all I’m sure a lot of us are in the same boat constantly checking our emails and ucas for something to change!! I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything at all...?
Original post by Midlifecrisis123
Hey all I’m sure a lot of us are in the same boat constantly checking our emails and ucas for something to change!! I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything at all...?

Hiya,

Sorry you haven't heard back yet:frown: The team are really busy and I'm sure you will soon.

Good luck!
Emily
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Hi just on reading these threads to see has anyone heard anything my son has applied for LD nursing 2021 he’s heard nothing as yet have you any idea how many places there is on the course he got a rejection from paramedic science degree only 40 places it was tough selection process 😞he only applied for LD nursing queens and paramedic science up at Magee
Original post by Grace38
Hi just on reading these threads to see has anyone heard anything my son has applied for LD nursing 2021 he’s heard nothing as yet have you any idea how many places there is on the course he got a rejection from paramedic science degree only 40 places it was tough selection process 😞he only applied for LD nursing queens and paramedic science up at Magee

Hi Grace38,

It is so exciting that your son has applied to go to Queen's. I have been looking into your sons choice (LD Nursing) and you must say well done to him from me as the application process sounds really tough and to have got through it is amazing! I am afraid I don't know how many spaces there are on the course, but I did have a look at the course page on QUB's website and in the PDF guide as to how they select their students it says that due to the length of the application process, candidates will not hear back until the 6th of May 2021.

I have attached the link here so you can look over it together, https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/professional-nursing-learning-disability-nursing-bsc/#entry. "Due to the lengthy selection procedure, offers will not be made until the UCAS deadline of 6 May 2021. If you
have already received offers from other institutions you do not need reply to any of these offers until after you
have received the final decision from all of your UCAS choices."

I know that the wait can be so tough, so I hope this will at least give him some kind of clarity as to when news is coming!

If either of you have any more questions about Queen's or student life in general, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes and good luck with everything.

Alice, 2nd year Architecture
Team Queen's
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi Grace38,

It is so exciting that your son has applied to go to Queen's. I have been looking into your sons choice (LD Nursing) and you must say well done to him from me as the application process sounds really tough and to have got through it is amazing! I am afraid I don't know how many spaces there are on the course, but I did have a look at the course page on QUB's website and in the PDF guide as to how they select their students it says that due to the length of the application process, candidates will not hear back until the 6th of May 2021.

I have attached the link here so you can look over it together, https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/professional-nursing-learning-disability-nursing-bsc/#entry. "Due to the lengthy selection procedure, offers will not be made until the UCAS deadline of 6 May 2021. If you
have already received offers from other institutions you do not need reply to any of these offers until after you
have received the final decision from all of your UCAS choices."

I know that the wait can be so tough, so I hope this will at least give him some kind of clarity as to when news is coming!

If either of you have any more questions about Queen's or student life in general, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes and good luck with everything.

Team Queen's

Hey Alice! Some places say the 20th May... is the 6th a firm date?
Original post by Midlifecrisis123
Hey Alice! Some places say the 20th May... is the 6th a firm date?

Hi Midlifecrisis123,

6th of May was what I found on the QUB website for decision date regarding this course but you are quite right that the UCAS deadline for decisions from universities is the 20th of May so it may well be then!

Have you heard back? If you have then I really hope it was the news you wanted!

Best wishes,
Team Queen’s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending