The Student Room Group

do lnat unis accept clearing?

hi, just wanted to know if the universities that require the lnat do clearing? and if so is the LNAT a factor of you being accepted or does it not matter
Kind of... Some of the 'LNAT Universities' do not do clearing for any subject (Oxford, UCL, LSE etc), so you would need to check their individual university websites for guidance on whether they participate in Clearing. Additionally, LLB at these universities are some of the most sought-after courses in the U.K.

Regarding whether LNAT is a factor: I am unsure, but it would appear strange that they require LNAT for regular application but not for clearing.

I appreciate this answer isn't very clear or helpful so let me be blunter: I think that most of the LNAT unis are so over-applied for Law that they are very unlikely to have many places left for Clearing.
It’s been recently said a few times on here now that Unis who use the LNAT do not, or are v v unlikely, to have places in clearing so it’s a moot point. They didn’t this year or last year. They really are oversubscribed.

There was ‘Adjustment’ where you could trade up if you had better grades than you thought, but UCAS did away with it this year & said it won’t be coming back. Bristol apparently did take someone in this scheme who didn’t have LNAT last year, but that’s just something I’ve read and certainly haven’t seen proof of. So again, is a moot point.

I think if you want to apply to LNAT unis you need to sit it as part of your application & apply then. Or, if you do better in your results, take a gap year, apply the next year & take the LNAT then.

Quick Reply

Latest