The Student Room Group

A level options

I'm looking to do psychology at university but I'm struggling to narrow down my A level options. I really want to do psychology at a level, but my other options are biology, sociology, maths, REP and economics. I was wondering which would make the best combination.
Original post by ganyu
I'm looking to do psychology at university but I'm struggling to narrow down my A level options. I really want to do psychology at a level, but my other options are biology, sociology, maths, REP and economics. I was wondering which would make the best combination.

Hey :smile:

I'm currently in my second year of my Psychology degree at UoP so I can offer my personal view here!
So at A-level I took Psychology, English Literature, Religious Studies, an EPQ which was Clinical Psychology based and Law AS.

I received offers from all of my 5 choices with these subjects, as I feel with Psychology Universities are pretty open with subject combinations. However, this depends on the Uni and some may prefer more science based subjects, such a biology.

I have linked 'TheUniGuide' website here which suggests possible subjects which would be a good fit for getting onto a Psychology degree.https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-psychology

Hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
Sian- UoP Rep
Original post by ganyu

maybe do sociology biology and psychology as they link really well together
plus I'm starting all three next week
so good luck
maybe do a psychology-based epq
Original post by ganyu

Not sure what REP is I'll be honest, but any of the others could be great together. Depends what you're most interested in but I could link any of them to psychology really.

Sociology - very similar
Biology - biopsychology
Maths - statistics
Economics - business psychology

Quick Reply

Latest