6JelaniS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have to pick a question/title for my history coursework and it has to be within a 100 time period. I am really interested in woman's right but I am not sure how or what to focus it on. . We can't have it overlap with any of the topics we're already doing, (Angevin Kings 1154-1216 and USA 1855-1964) and I'm struggling to think of a topic. Could anyone please help or suggests some question ideas please.
Last edited by 6JelaniS; 1 month ago
thekingellie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 6JelaniS)
I have to pick a question/title for my history coursework and it has to be within a 100 time period. I am really interested in woman's right but I am not sure how or what to focus it on. . We can't have it overlap with any of the topics we're already doing, (Angevin Kings 1154-1216 and USA 1855-1964) and I'm struggling to think of a topic. Could anyone please help or suggests some question ideas please.
I do Edexcel History A-Level and I've done a paper on women's rights - if you search for a textbook called 'Protest, Agitation and Reform' - there's a whole section on the NUWSS & WSPU - mainly that unit focuses on why women didn't get the vote up to 1914 and then why women got the vote in 1918. But there's loads you could do in that period e.g. Women's roles in the Chartist movement (1830-50). Look into the Contagious Diseases Acts of 1864, 66 and 69 I think - they were all acts which regulated prostitution - type in Josephine Butler too - she's such an underrated figure in the female suffrage movement (never campaigned for female suffrage as far as I'm aware but had a massive impact on changing social norms around women's roles in politics). I think there was even a middle class English women who moved to France to fully immerse herself into the French Revolution back in 1789 - can't remember the name.
Last edited by thekingellie; 1 month ago
6JelaniS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by thekingellie)
I do Edexcel History A-Level and I've done a paper on women's rights - if you search for a textbook called 'Protest, Agitation and Reform' - there's a whole section on the NUWSS & WSPU - mainly that unit focuses on why women didn't get the vote up to 1914 and then why women got the vote in 1918. But there's loads you could do in that period e.g. Women's roles in the Chartist movement (1830-50). Look into the Contagious Diseases Acts of 1864, 66 and 69 I think - they were all acts which regulated prostitution - type in Josephine Butler too - she's such an underrated figure in the female suffrage movement (never campaigned for female suffrage as far as I'm aware but had a massive impact on changing social norms around women's roles in politics). I think there was even a middle class English women who moved to France to fully immerse herself into the French Revolution back in 1789 - can't remember the name.
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.18%
England (108)
34.07%
Belgium (27)
8.52%
Germany (38)
11.99%
Spain (5)
1.58%