azura2326
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, just wanted to ask if I wanted to take fashion marketing as a course, but couldn't find the right university for it , and decide to take marketing as a course instead, would i still be able to get into the fashion industry?
Lukeey!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by azura2326)
Hi guys, just wanted to ask if I wanted to take fashion marketing as a course, but couldn't find the right university for it , and decide to take marketing as a course instead, would i still be able to get into the fashion industry?
Absolutely
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely. Might even be better as you’ll have more options outside of fashion
Plymouth College Of Art
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Plymouth College of Art has a course that could be what you're after! Previously called Fashion, Media & Marketing, we have a degree course called BA (Hons) Fashion Communication. The course involves activities such as fashion shoots, social media campaigns, in-store experiences, and many more areas of fashion, lifestyle, and beauty communication and promotion. If you would like to hear more about the course, then feel free to take a look at the course page here and our student work here. If you would like to talk to some of our current students about student life or our courses, then you can find us at Unibuddy here.

Best of luck with everything and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions!
Lauren
Third Year Animation Student and Student Ambassador
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey azura2326,

It is still possible to get into the fashion industry with qualifications that don't directly link to fashion. The skills you would learn on a marketing course would be applicable to a fashion role.

That being said if you'e passion lies within fashion you may enjoy a course that has a fashion focus more. Have you checked out the courses on offer at UAL (University of the Arts London) they have some great fashion courses. I'd recommend looking at their BA in Fashion Marketing at LCF (London College of Fashion) or any other relevant course at the LCF business school. In terms of getting your foot in the door in the fashion industry it may also be beneficial to be based in London, however not essential!

I am a current UAL student so if you have any questions about studying there then please do not hesitate to ask.

At the end of the day it is about choosing what you think would be most suited to you.

Good luck with your decision making,

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads