The Student Room Group

Mental Health and SFE Maintenance Loan Overpayment.

Hi i have recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and i am also being assessed for complex ptsd. I have withdrawn from my pre reg masters course. I think i have been overpaid some SFE, are they good at coming to a plan that suits you in terms of repayment
Original post by Hwel
Hi i have recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and i am also being assessed for complex ptsd. I have withdrawn from my pre reg masters course. I think i have been overpaid some SFE, are they good at coming to a plan that suits you in terms of repayment

Hi there, sorry to hear about your circumstances and hopefully you feel better again soon.
Have you permanently withdrawn or temporarily suspended with the intentions of continuing when you feel better?
Was this a postgraduate healthcare course?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, sorry to hear about your circumstances and hopefully you feel better again soon.
Have you permanently withdrawn or temporarily suspended with the intentions of continuing when you feel better?
Was this a postgraduate healthcare course?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, i have permanently withdrawn because i didnt want the pressure of a time frame as i will need counselling, and further assessments. what will happen due to me permanently withdrawing?
Original post by Hwel
Hi Isaac, i have permanently withdrawn because i didnt want the pressure of a time frame as i will need counselling, and further assessments. what will happen due to me permanently withdrawing?

Can you confirm if this was a postgraduate healthcare course as it depends if you received postgraduate or undergraduate funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by Hwel

just to add yes a pre reg masters in occupational therapy
Original post by Hwel
just to add yes a pre reg masters in occupational therapy

This is undergraduate funding so therefore you will be entitled to funding up until the withdrawal date. We need your university to contact us and inform us of the withdrawal date. We will then work out if you have been overpaid.

If you don't plan on studying in the future then our collections department will contact you and allow you to set up an affordable payment plan if you do owe any money.
Please read this leaflet which explains the process further http://ow.ly/d/8pcX
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Isaac
This is undergraduate funding so therefore you will be entitled to funding up until the withdrawal date. We need your university to contact us and inform us of the withdrawal date. We will then work out if you have been overpaid.

If you don't plan on studying in the future then our collections department will contact you and allow you to set up an affordable payment plan if you do owe any money.
Please read this leaflet which explains the process further http://ow.ly/d/8pcX
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for your reply, if i chose to do a distance learning masters course in the future, could they take what i owe as an overpayment from post graduate funding?
Original post by Hwel
Thank you for your reply, if i chose to do a distance learning masters course in the future, could they take what i owe as an overpayment from post graduate funding?

If you study another postgraduate healthcare course then you should receive funding as your previous study doesn't affect eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending