U33B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So, I am currently enrolled onto an MSc Physiotherapy programme however due to personal problems I have decided to take a bit of time out and can return to study in January 2022 when hopefully I am ok. In the meantime, I applied to other universities closer to home for the same degree but got rejected by all of them. I then came across Clinical Exercise Physiology which is quite interesting. I looked into it, looked at career progressions etc and it is a rewarding degree, so I applied to a university for doping master’s in clinical exercise physiology in one of the universities who rejected me for MSc Physiotherapy. By a miracle I got an unconditional offer straight away and I can start in September 2021. However, I don`t know which path to choose, shall I do the Physiotherapy degree which is 2 years long or the Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology which is for one year. Has anyone done the MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology Degree, what are the career progressions for both courses and which is the better route in the long run? I`ve heard good things about physiotherapy degree but not so much about the Exercise Physiology?. Please can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by U33B)
So, I am currently enrolled onto an MSc Physiotherapy programme however due to personal problems I have decided to take a bit of time out and can return to study in January 2022 when hopefully I am ok. In the meantime, I applied to other universities closer to home for the same degree but got rejected by all of them. I then came across Clinical Exercise Physiology which is quite interesting. I looked into it, looked at career progressions etc and it is a rewarding degree, so I applied to a university for doping master’s in clinical exercise physiology in one of the universities who rejected me for MSc Physiotherapy. By a miracle I got an unconditional offer straight away and I can start in September 2021. However, I don`t know which path to choose, shall I do the Physiotherapy degree which is 2 years long or the Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology which is for one year. Has anyone done the MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology Degree, what are the career progressions for both courses and which is the better route in the long run? I`ve heard good things about physiotherapy degree but not so much about the Exercise Physiology?. Please can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Physiotherapy is an allied health profession which leads to HCPC registration (which allows you to use the title 'physiotherapist'). The other course would not lead to this registration, and maybe a gateway course onto an accredited physiotherapy course. Physiotherapy can a much clearer vocational trajectory, and is probably more widely recognised than the clinical exercise physiology course.
PStevens
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by U33B)
Stick to the Physiotherapy. Recognised (HCPC & CSP). Better options for employment post grad.

For what it’s worth, focus & settle things down in your personal life and get yourself ready to take on the Masters in January. You have the Summer, sunny weather to enjoy. Don’t pressure yourself into trying to learn something else in the mean time. Just my penneth’s worth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads