Can I get a second DSA laptop - postgrad study

Watch
sophbob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I got a laptop through DSA during my undergrad five years ago. It was terrible from the start but even worse once I downloaded the software I needed for my course.

I am currently applying for PhDs and will be eligible for DSA. Would I be able to use this to buy a new laptop, or am I not entitled to one as I already got one through DSA previously?

Thanks
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sophbob)
I got a laptop through DSA during my undergrad five years ago. It was terrible from the start but even worse once I downloaded the software I needed for my course.

I am currently applying for PhDs and will be eligible for DSA. Would I be able to use this to buy a new laptop, or am I not entitled to one as I already got one through DSA previously?

Thanks
No idea but you'll have to check with them and explain why you need a new one.
InclusiveAdvisor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sophbob)

Thanks
If the laptop is five years old, they'll probably recommend you a new one as it won't meet the recommended specs any more. When you apply for DSA again, you'll need to update your Study Needs Assessment so you can explain the situation to the needs assessor then. I imagine they would recommend a new one for you.
18JHawkins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Also when getting a laptop through DSA if you want to upgrade the specs beyond the minimum specs they require you can pay extra (e.g. if you wanna buy a macbook).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads