The Student Room Group

Advice about funding for my son

My son is currently doing his gcses and hopefully going on to sixth-form in September. He wants to do history at Cardiff uni as it only 20 minutes by the train where we live so he says why look further when I can stay at home and still get feed lol. My worry is I have been doing a bit of research about finance and I'm a bit worried we are lucky as a famliy that the bills are paid food in the fridge and sometimes a treat. My husband as a good job but we are a big famliy 7 of and I worried about finance when it time for uni in 2022 . I really want to support my son as much as we can but I'm worried that he won't be eligible for the tuition fees and 9000 is alot of money . I'm sorry if I'm coming across wrong that not my intention i want the best for my son and I want him to achieve his goals but this whole finance as got me worried and thought I ask for advice as I don't want to worry my son many thanks for any help given emmy
The tuition cost is not income-based if I'm correct, the £9250 for tuition is basically given to anyone who was born in the UK (to put it simply)

The maintenance loan on the other hand is household income-based (if you want over £4500 or something like that) in which case you may need to contribute a little. I would really recommend you watch this amazing video by Martin Lewis, should help calm you down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending