User52641
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know this is super early days yet - but is anyone else already prepping to audition for entry next year?
I auditioned this year, but really let myself down for not being prepared enough and wasn't particularly proud of the end result of my self tapes. I got a recall for Central BA Acting but didn't get through to the final, and I'm still waiting on a recall result for Drama Studio London but even if it turns out to be an offer I think I want another go at getting into the schools higher on my preference. I also auditioned at LAMDA, RADA, ArtsEd, and Mountview, but didn't get past the first round for any of them.
Has anyone received audition feedback from any of these drama schools? Or have any advice for early preparation, or next years process - considering it's likely also to be in person auditions again instead of online...
Thanks in advance for any replies!
JL8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've half started prepping by listing the schools and finding possible monologues. After that I'll thoroughly read the plays before doing any work on them though I don't want to over do it.
Last edited by JL8; 4 weeks ago
AlexSilver
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JL8)
I've half started prepping by listing the schools and finding possible monologues. After that I'll thoroughly read the plays before doing any work on them though I don't want to over do it.
Are you planning on applying again next year then? (I saw on another thread you had offers/ a reserve list place?)
JL8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlexSilver)
Are you planning on applying again next year then? (I saw on another thread you had offers/ a reserve list place?)
Yes, I have an offer somewhere! It's the only one I auditioned for this year though. Which makes me uneasy in my decision. As silly as that may seem.
username5765437
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes yes! I’ve done further research on other drama schools and what their courses offer! Have a top 3 now so I don’t need to worry about anywhere else now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (45)
28.66%
No (112)
71.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed