The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilypuzzle
I said it's suspicious because they might be judging it based on appearance which obviously matters in the acting world. Also, the Wilkinsaidan17 guy suggested that they might not be watching it; work on your illiteracy.

*literacy
Original post by ageshallnot
*literacy

*illiteracy

illiteracy - the inability to read or write.
https://sentence.yourdictionary.com/illiteracy

"Education was vital both to eradicate illiteracy and to promote communism".

I said, "work on your illiteracy" which is correct.

You're welcome.
https://sentence.yourdictionary.com/illiteracy

"Education was vital both to eradicate illiteracy and to promote communism".

I said, "work on your illiteracy" which is correct.

You're welcome.

Except that you were criticising the other person for their lack of understanding.
Original post by ageshallnot
Except that you were criticising the other person for their lack of understanding.

That is not my issue.
Reply 65
That is not my issue.

Enough. This forum isn't for this
I got a recall for BA Acting & Stage Combat.
Original post by User52641
I'm sorry but thats ridiculous, of course they're watching the audition videos. I contacted a few schools to ask about this last year and some are somehow downloading the videos and watching off files, and others are screensharing with other panellists over zoom so the view count might not be accurate to the amount of panellists watching.

Thanks for the info! I thought it would be something like this or a glitch or something. Just seemed fishy, thanks! :smile:
Hi guys!
Anyone else not receive their results from RADA? My preliminary audition deadline was Nov 26th - haven’t heard anything. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
Original post by The Grey Pilgrim
Hi guys!
Anyone else not receive their results from RADA? My preliminary audition deadline was Nov 26th - haven’t heard anything. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

RADA is a bit behind with recalls this year and so on. I would advise you to email them to find out your results because it did say in the email that if you do not hear back from them then you should contact them.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 70
Hi there
I have had a recall for Central- BA Acting CDT- I have to have a range of different objects with me for the next round eg tin foil, a T-shirt, tissue, tin opener…any insight/advice or experience from anyone who has been or is going through this process would be really appreciated!
I have also had a recall for Guildhall 😊
I heard back really quickly from Bristol, RADA and Royal Scotland (all rejections)
I’m waiting to hear back from Royal Welsh- audition was last Tuesday - how long has everyone else waited to hear?
Thank you 🙏
Original post by RAHMJB
Hi there
I have had a recall for Central- BA Acting CDT- I have to have a range of different objects with me for the next round eg tin foil, a T-shirt, tissue, tin opener…any insight/advice or experience from anyone who has been or is going through this process would be really appreciated!
I heard back really quickly from Bristol, RADA and Royal Scotland (all rejections)
I’m waiting to hear back from Royal Welsh- audition was last Tuesday - how long has everyone else waited to hear?
Thank you 🙏

may I Ask the length of time it took for Central and Guildhall to hear back?
Original post by Higham97
How long did it take to hear back from Bristol?

got a recall after 3 days but i feel like it depends on who interviews u :smile:
Original post by Leilah22
Hi! This is my first year applying for drama school. I haven't sent in all my applications yet.
I got rejected for the BA at LAMDA but they offered me a recall for the Foundation course instead. Anyone else in the same seat or who has had a recall for LAMDA foundation yet?
I also have a recall at ALRA for BA.

I am about to send in my application for Guildhall, RADA and Central, how did you guys find the audition? Good luck to everyone applying!

yeah i got the same thing with LAMDA, I thought it was a bit of a sting the whole foundation course thing, but I guess it’s still good they’re offering?
Original post by Caitlin_K
Hi, I've received an offer for drama, applied theatre & education at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama - just wondering if anyone else has heard back :smile:

I’m about to have the audition!! What’s it like?
Reply 75
Original post by RAHMJB
Hi there
Thank you 🙏

Congrats on the recalls! I'm also recalled for Guildhall, still waiting on further details to be provided now it's the new year
Hi, anyone still waiting to hear back from LIPA?
Sent in self tape in Nov and haven't heard anything. Other people I know have already been rejected by them but mine on their portal just says decision pending.
So just wondering if anyone else has heard anything and do I need to call them for an update or for info? Please help.
Reply 77
Original post by meemia223
may I Ask the length of time it took for Central and Guildhall to hear back?

Hi, it was about 4 weeks for each of them
Hi, re LIPA, my daughter also sent self tapes in Nov and hasn’t heard back either. Must be almost 10 weeks now. Emailed two weeks ago and they replied saying applications are with the acting teachers and once passed to admissions she’ll find out. Hopefully we will hear soon, maybe not long after applications close?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Julesnew
Hi, re LIPA, my daughter also sent self tapes in Nov and hasn’t heard back either. Must be almost 10 weeks now. Emailed two weeks ago and they replied saying applications are with the acting teachers and once passed to admissions she’ll find out. Hopefully we will hear soon, maybe not long after applications close?

Hi, thanks for that info. Someone at my college has already been rejected so I was wondering. Hopefully not long after closing for applications, fingers crossed.

Latest

Trending

Trending