lucy0502
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya:

Does anyone know any good revision tips that would help towards A-Levels?
L.Green
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucy0502)
Hiya:

hi,it depends which a levels ur talking about.DIfferent subjects have different ways to approach revision
Trappist-1
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
When it comes to revision with physical resources, it's best to create mind maps, flashcards, read textbooks, answer exam questions from guides, etc.
I personally am a proponent for internet resource based revision - websites such as physicsandmathstutor, cognitoresources, senecalearning, have all got phenomenal compendiums of past paper questions, flashcards, and many more revision resources.
In essence, what it boils down to is what you find works best for you, a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for revising.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucy0502)
Hiya:

Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

I would say the best methods of revising and studying will depend on the type of subject you're taking. I studied maths, physics, and design engineering for A-levels. I found the best method for me was to just do as many practice papers and questions as I could, to become familiar with applying the knowledge to how the exam board would ask for it, particularly for maths and physics. For definitions, I created short cards on each that I would flick through to help learn these.
These methods are great for these subjects, it may differ for essay based subjects however.
I hope this helps.

Ethan - UOP Rep
lucy0502
Rep:
(Original post by L.Green)
hi,it depends which a levels ur talking about.DIfferent subjects have different ways to approach revision
sociology, AS psychology and BTEC Health and Social care
lucy0502
Rep:
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi there,

I am currently a student at Portsmouth University.

I would say the best methods of revising and studying will depend on the type of subject you're taking. I studied maths, physics, and design engineering for A-levels. I found the best method for me was to just do as many practice papers and questions as I could, to become familiar with applying the knowledge to how the exam board would ask for it, particularly for maths and physics. For definitions, I created short cards on each that I would flick through to help learn these.
These methods are great for these subjects, it may differ for essay based subjects however.
I hope this helps.

Ethan - UOP Rep
that was really useful, thank you!
lucy0502
Rep:
(Original post by Trappist-1)
When it comes to revision with physical resources, it's best to create mind maps, flashcards, read textbooks, answer exam questions from guides, etc.
I personally am a proponent for internet resource based revision - websites such as physicsandmathstutor, cognitoresources, senecalearning, have all got phenomenal compendiums of past paper questions, flashcards, and many more revision resources.
In essence, what it boils down to is what you find works best for you, a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work for revising.
okay, thank you! I'll try those methods out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads