The Student Room Group

Help on Unit 8 Learndirect Access to HE Midwifery

You are required to write an essay that demonstrates your understanding of the role and responsibilities of the midwife, and the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council, during the antenatal period.

Your essay must include the following in relation to the antenatal period:
Analyse the changes that may impact on a pregnancy and consequently the role of the midwife, for example, Pre-eclampsia, breech, lifestyle or stressful events.
Using two of the examples above, discuss the process of risk assessment and its importance in protecting pregnant women.
Discuss the impact of the midwife in meeting the physical, social and psychological needs of a woman and her family.
Discuss the role that the Nursing and Midwifery Council performs in relation to the role of the midwife.
Analyse the implications of The Code in relation to antenatal care.
Discuss the role of the supervisor of midwives in supporting maternity services.

The role of the supervisor of midwives has recently been separated from regulation. When you research this area for your assignment, you will need to discuss the changes in the role of the supervisor over time and why the role has changed. You should also include how supervision still has a part to play in the role in supporting midwives to carry out their duties in the antenatal period.
GUIDANCE
The essay should be written in paragraphs which flow; it is therefore recommended that you plan your essay before you start to write it.

You must attempt to include some conclusions and recommendations towards the end of your essay.

Relevant theory must be referenced where appropriate, and a references list and bibliography provided.

The essay should be a maximum of 2,000 words in length.
hi @KyZoom I am unable to send PMs.Yes help from you would be great. Do you mind sending me your Unit 8 so I can look at it? Didi you recieve a merit or distinction on it.I want to achieve a merit.Thank you.
Hi @Cmelissa Have you completed Unit 8 Access to Midwifery? What grade did you get?
Do you mind sending me your work so that I can have a look at it? I am stuck on this unit.
hi @yasminex I saw that you have done your Access course.Do you have your Unit 8 access to midwifery.If so,can you please email it to me so i can have a look at it? i am stuck on it. thanks in advance.
Hey!

My course was called access to Health Education, so I'm not sure if the unit will be the same. What is the name of the unit?
Original post by yasminex
Hey!

My course was called access to Health Education, so I'm not sure if the unit will be the same. What is the name of the unit?

The Role of the Midwife in Antenatal Care. My email is ahmedhanna933@ gmail.com
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ha067445
The Role of the Midwife in Antenatal Care

Ahh okay, that wasn't one of the units on my course, sorry!
hi @woodsj have you done this unit.if so did you get a merit or distinction. i am stuck on this unit.if you could email your work to me so i could have a look at it that would be great. my email address is ahmedhanna933@ gmail.com
hi @RDCL2020 have you done this unit i am stuck on it .
I'm not sure it is OK to ask to see other people's work. Not in its entirety anyway. And I would encourage people not to send their essays to someone online like this as it's a plagiarism risk.

Is there a specific bit you are unsure about? Do you know how to refer to current literature and use Harvard referencing?
Original post by Lluvia Morado
I'm not sure it is OK to ask to see other people's work. Not in its entirety anyway. And I would encourage people not to send their essays to someone online like this as it's a plagiarism risk.

Is there a specific bit you are unsure about? Do you know how to refer to current literature and use Harvard referencing?

I won't copy.I just wanna have a look. Yes I know how to havard reference and refer to current literature.
Reply 11
Original post by username5734713
hi @yasminex I saw that you have done your Access course.Do you have your Unit 8 access to midwifery.If so,can you please email it to me so i can have a look at it? i am stuck on it. thanks in advance.

Hey did you do this unit ? Could you pm me please x
Reply 12
Original post by username5734713
I won't copy.I just wanna have a look. Yes I know how to havard reference and refer to current literature.

Did you do this unit ? I need help ! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending