Uni of Leicester Computer Science 2021

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
For anyone who's applying to do computer science this September at Leicester, just thought id give u a breakdown of what the course is like. I'm just about to finish my first year btw

So in the first semester (from October to December) you'll do four modules, which is programming fundamentals, mathematics fundamentals, computer architecture, and computing fundamentals.

Dw if you haven't done maths a level before uni, despite the content in the maths module is hard af, the lecturer is very good,

you'll also learn basics python programming language in the first semester ( for programming fundamentals modules), if you're reading this now i'd recommend learning it rn, because the lecturer is good, he's just an ******* sometimes.

in comp architecture, you'll learn about how computers work, processors, binary,denary etc

if anyone wants to know more about the modules, here's the link https://le.ac.uk/courses/computer-science-bsc/2021

in the second semester, you'll learn java programming language and you'll do another four modules

again if anyone has any questions about the other modules, just hmu
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I plan to do Computer Science at Leicester this year... But is it possible to still get on the course if I don't manage to get the ABB needed... If I got ABC or BBC? Is there any way of still doing Computer Science? Is foundation year possible?
Thankyou
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I plan to do Computer Science at Leicester this year... But is it possible to still get on the course if I don't manage to get the ABB needed... If I got ABC or BBC? Is there any way of still doing Computer Science? Is foundation year possible?
Thankyou
Also... What does it mean where it says they accept 2 AS level in place of one A level?
If I got AAB as my AS grades... Would it help if i don't reach the entry requirements?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
100% because of what happened last year with a lot of people getting downgraded, they lowered the entry requirements to CCC on results day.

I got accepted with BBC, when the gov did the U turn, my grades went up anyways.

Tbh it really depends on how everyone does on results day
malteser2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For anyone who's applying to do computer science this September at Leicester, just thought id give u a breakdown of what the course is like. I'm just about to finish my first year btw

So in the first semester (from October to December) you'll do four modules, which is programming fundamentals, mathematics fundamentals, computer architecture, and computing fundamentals.

Dw if you haven't done maths a level before uni, despite the content in the maths module is hard af, the lecturer is very good,

you'll also learn basics python programming language in the first semester ( for programming fundamentals modules), if you're reading this now i'd recommend learning it rn, because the lecturer is good, he's just an ******* sometimes.

in comp architecture, you'll learn about how computers work, processors, binary,denary etc

if anyone wants to know more about the modules, here's the link https://le.ac.uk/courses/computer-science-bsc/2021

in the second semester, you'll learn java programming language and you'll do another four modules

again if anyone has any questions about the other modules, just hmu
how do you recommend learning the basics of python
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.84%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.66%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise