Can you go to university at the age of 29 with no real qualifications

Watch
Matty2993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m just wondering can you go to university with only a level 1 qualification from college from 11 years ago?
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't know any way to go to uni with only level 1 qualifications.

Have a look into access courses at colleges.

You may need to do GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English first. Some colleges offer pre-access courses with GCSEs included, e.g. https://reading.activatelearning.ac....il/pre-access/

What do you want to study?
yippy-yikes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's no age limit when it comes to university! It's for anyone, whether you're in your 20s or 40s

Your qualifications will need a bit of polishing up I believe though. From looking on the internet, I think you need to try and get it to a level 2 qualification (I think in Maths and English and hopefully someone can provide more on that).

(Original post by Desideri)
I don't know any way to go to uni with only level 1 qualifications.

Have a look into access courses at colleges.

You may need to do GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English first. Some colleges offer pre-access courses with GCSEs included, e.g. https://reading.activatelearning.ac....il/pre-access/

What do you want to study?
I second this. Have a look at higher access courses, but you will need to get a level 2 qualification first
GoldenCrow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Matty2993)
I’m just wondering can you go to university with only a level 1 qualification from college from 11 years ago?
You can go to University at any age you like, but you do need some qualifications to gain entry onto your desired programme of study.
To check what your options are and what qualifications you need specifically, visit the 'Entry Requirement' section of your chosen course on any of your desired University's website.
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Matty2993)
What course are you wanting to study? Many universities offer access courses or courses that have a foundation year that can you bring you up to speed. It's just a case of doing your research and seeing what's available
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (70)
73.68%
No (25)
26.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise