The Student Room Group

AA, RED, BSM or Independent?

Hi all,

I'm moving back to London in three months and I'm trying to scope out the best driving school!

I know driving schools like AA, RED and BSM are a little pricer than independent driving schools, by about £10-£15 more where I live in London (for block lessons). My aim is to learn to driving in a timely manner in a capable driving school!

So, from other people's experiences, would you rather learn with the AA, RED, BSM or independent driving school? And how were your experiences learning to drive with any of the driving schools?

Thank You!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Look at what people say online, the individual instructors can be either good or bad regardless of whether they are in a school or not. All instructors have their latest "check test" score published on the .gov website so you can see how the government thinks they perform.
I chose mine via recommendations on our local Facebook page. It is good to see who other people have used, but don't be afraid to try more than one. When I first had lessons I didn't get on with the instructor (or like the car much as it was made for people much taller than me) even though nobody else who used him from my school seemed to have any problems. It took me years to pluck up the courage to try again, but it's going so much better this time.
Original post by TheDE
Look at what people say online, the individual instructors can be either good or bad regardless of whether they are in a school or not. All instructors have their latest "check test" score published on the .gov website so you can see how the government thinks they perform.

Thank you!
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I chose mine via recommendations on our local Facebook page. It is good to see who other people have used, but don't be afraid to try more than one. When I first had lessons I didn't get on with the instructor (or like the car much as it was made for people much taller than me) even though nobody else who used him from my school seemed to have any problems. It took me years to pluck up the courage to try again, but it's going so much better this time.

Thank you and good luck with your driving lessons!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending