The Student Room Group

MSc Marketing applying with three years bachelors

Hi All,

I m from Burma, and interested to apply MSc marketing in UK. But my bachelors degree is English specialized(3 years degree / GPA 3.3 ) but I have been working 4 years in the marketing industry. Besides, I studied undergraduate Business diploma in Singapore. But most schools which I applied, rejected due to my academic profile : 3-year degree not 4 -year degree holder.

Here my question, hope you could help me
1.Which master universities accept 3 years bachelors degree in UK?
2.Is there any possible to apply or explain the student recruiter bcoz that’s happened due to my country’s education system.

I truly need your advice,Thanks.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think you would need to speak to the universities you are considering applying for. Degrees in England are typically 3 years. If you have a BA(Hons) then I don't see there being a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by one_two_three
I think you would need to speak to the universities you are considering applying for. Degrees in England are typically 3 years. If you have a BA(Hons) then I don't see there being a problem.

Thank you so much, and I will try to discuss with recruiter as your advice.

I m worry so much bcoz some uni sent me email like that “The international equivalent of a UK 2:1(hons) from Myanmar (Burma) is a 2 year Masters degree”.
After a quick google I have seen that you need a Masters degree from a university in Burma to apply for a Masters in the UK. How long does a Masters take in Burma?
Reply 4
It takes 2 years but now here is facing political crisis so both governments uni and private sector not opened as well. How about could I try with working experience or do you know any school accept with this academic profile. Thank you.
You would need to contact the universities you are interested in directly and see what they say. No one on here can tell you whether they would change an offer based on those conditions. Another option to look at is whether your credits are transferable to a UK university and pick up a course here at undergraduate level to progress on to a Masters
Reply 6
You would need to contact the universities you are interested in directly and see what they say. No one on here can tell you whether they would change an offer based on those conditions. Another option to look at is whether your credits are transferable to a UK university and pick up a course here at undergraduate level to progress on to a Masters

Yes, I asked some education consultant, they said to take pre master but it is double costly. One more thing, may I ask that if the pre master finish at affordable university, could I apply to another different university? Bcoz budget is limited and make me double as well. 😔
Original post by SnOw_PhYu
Yes, I asked some education consultant, they said to take pre master but it is double costly. One more thing, may I ask that if the pre master finish at affordable university, could I apply to another different university? Bcoz budget is limited and make me double as well. 😔

I haven't heard of a pre-master previously. Can you not just take the premaster at the university you want to attend and work part-time as well?
Reply 8
I haven't heard of a pre-master previously. Can you not just take the premaster at the university you want to attend and work part-time as well?

There’s two part I seen. One is if I choose good ranking school, I need to join pathway or premaster for one year (same master school fees) and another is just apply to any school. But I am thinking the way what you mentioned like good ranking school with part time working and request uni to discount bcoz budget is crucial for me. Thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending