The Student Room Group

Driving- junctions

Hi everyone, when approaching a T junction what should be done? I was thinking: brake to slow down, clutch down and change into 1st and then creep forward w clutch (or brake if necessary). Is that right?
Original post by blueamaraxx
Hi everyone, when approaching a T junction what should be done? I was thinking: brake to slow down, clutch down and change into 1st and then creep forward w clutch (or brake if necessary). Is that right?

Hiya :smile: Yep pretty much but you want to put the clutch down as late as possible because the examiners hate when learners coast because the car has less control. If you've already passed your test, I can't lie it doesn't really matter (probs does but if you don't crash then who cares!) as long as you stop before the white line and the car isn't sticking out into the road... Hope this helps
Original post by blueamaraxx

Too many variables. Good visibility or bad. Busy traffic or not. Give way or Stop sign. If it's give way and good visibility and clear, then slow down as necessary, gears as necessary (seldom first) and keep going. Otherwise plan to stop at the line. Then pull away when safe to do so. First gear is seldom, if ever engaged whilst moving.
Reply 3
WeWe don't hate people coasting, it's very unlikely you'd lose control whilst slowly coasting to a stop 😂

Best thing to do is just slow down whilst looking, then stop/go depending on any vehicles coming

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending