The Student Room Group

retaking year 12 same subjects ?!?!????

hi
i’m in year 12 atm and i want to retake year 12 but continue with the same subject- i am doing a btec applied science the extended diploma.

there are several reasons but if you would like to know my personal situation message me for more info

anywyss so what actually happens if you say u do want to retake like is there some form of appeal process etc

also a lot of my friends said to ‘try’ and get my shi together until we finish year 12 but like ik that a good fresh start is needed.

help?
Reply 1
if your really struggling and think that it would be best for you to restart year 12 then go for it but you would end up having to make new friends in your class if your confident in that and your timetable may be different to you friends e.g early finishes and free periods etc... I think that it depends on what your school does for retakes, they probs wont do to much since you'll be starting the year fresh their isn't much to do. But speak to your head of sixth form and they can tell you what will happen. Also I'm sure you will be able to make it through the end of year 12 with amazing grades!! Try and push yourself to do better in your coursework and assessments and you could end up with good grades at the end of year 12 to get through to year 13. If you also explained your personal situation to the skl, they could be more considerable of letting you retake the year if thats what you rlly want.
Reply 2
I'm no longer involved with this but there used not to be any funding for students repeating the year taking the same qualifications so you may find your 6th from isn't willing to let you. All you can do is ask, given the best reasons you can for why they should let you. Ask your sixth from if you can see any policies they have about this to check you're following their procedure and maximising your chances of success.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by h-04
if your really struggling and think that it would be best for you to restart year 12 then go for it but you would end up having to make new friends in your class if your confident in that and your timetable may be different to you friends e.g early finishes and free periods etc... I think that it depends on what your school does for retakes, they probs wont do to much since you'll be starting the year fresh their isn't much to do. But speak to your head of sixth form and they can tell you what will happen. Also I'm sure you will be able to make it through the end of year 12 with amazing grades!! Try and push yourself to do better in your coursework and assessments and you could end up with good grades at the end of year 12 to get through to year 13. If you also explained your personal situation to the skl, they could be more considerable of letting you retake the year if thats what you rlly want.

hi i’m really sorry but i just saw this now. i don’t really know how this app works. i am honestly not as fussed as to making friends or not. it’s only for 2 years you see so it’s not really a priority for me- however I think i forgot to mention i have really strict parents- to my dad it would be considered’shameful’ to repeat a year. my college as of now said i cannot retake at the same college for the same course. i have a meeting on friday so hopefully i can explain to them about my situation !!

thank you xx
Original post by Compost
I'm no longer involved with this but there used not to be any funding for students repeating the year taking the same qualifications so you may find your 6th from isn't willing to let you. All you can do is ask, given the best reasons you can for why they should let you. Ask your sixth from if you can see any policies they have about this to check you're following their procedure and maximising your chances of success.

hi i just saw this now thank you will be taking your advice and taking to the staff at the college to explain my situation xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending