The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Plagiarism

Hi guys,

So I’m currently doing my masters in Management and I have a huge query which has been driving me crazy. I did an open book exam last month at home and believe I did well in it (it took me hours) l. I uploaded it and waited for my results. Results came through last week and when I checked mine I saw “Mid Fail” I was so confused because I knew my work wasn’t a fail.

I shortly after that received an email saying Good morning,

This is just to let you know that your mark for the recent MIO exam cannot be released at this stage because your work is undergoing additional marker moderation. We will be in touch again as soon as we have completed this process or if we need any further information.

Kind regards”
This confused me greatly so I decided to email him back but didn’t receive a reply. I called my lecturer instead and he explained that it was delayed due to possible plagiarism and not to worry since it’s a check. My heart sunk because never in my life have I ever had this issue. My turnitin score came back 2%and I’m pretty skilled on how to reference by now. But what could this possibly be? They haven’t explained anything to me. Why would they say they are not releasing my score yet if it already says “mid fail” does anyone know what this could be?
(edited 2 years ago)
Is there anyone else other than those you've mentioned you may turn to for help about that one?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm really sorry, but you're innocent until proven guilty and if you need to - you could challenge it legally. I don't really know about universities but I wouldn't send lots of emails instead wait for their decision then challenge it carefully and strongly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending