The Student Room Group

Boyfriend makes me do so much in his house or am I just lazy?

Boyfriend makes me do so much in his house.
For example if I stay a week he’ll ask me if I can clean it , when I’m over and the washing in the washing machine is done he’ll ask if I can spread them out and stuff like this.

Is this normal? I hate it so much I don’t like cooking snd cleaning ( obviously I don’t live in a dirty house with my mum but yeah).
Original post by Anonymous
Boyfriend makes me do so much in his house.
For example if I stay a week he’ll ask me if I can clean it , when I’m over and the washing in the washing machine is done he’ll ask if I can spread them out and stuff like this.

Is this normal? I hate it so much I don’t like cooking snd cleaning ( obviously I don’t live in a dirty house with my mum but yeah).

I wouldn’t do other people’s laundry tbh. If you’re staying there for a week then sharing some chores like cooking/cleaning is reasonable though
Reply 2
Original post by Andras32
I wouldn’t do other people’s laundry tbh. If you’re staying there for a week then sharing some chores like cooking/cleaning is reasonable though

You wouldn’t do your partners laundry ? He says how can he have a girlfriend in the house and his house is messy etc. Tbh last 2 times he didn’t cook food but still. Majority time he cooks.

We argue about this cleaning Stuff so much!
Original post by Anonymous
You wouldn’t do your partners laundry ? He says how can he have a girlfriend in the house and his house is messy etc. Tbh last 2 times he didn’t cook food but still. Majority time he cooks.

We argue about this cleaning Stuff so much!

Nope lol, if I was just staying at her house I wouldn’t do her laundry. Idk I think it’s kind of a private thing and also I’d probably get the setting wrong tbh 😂
Reply 4
I don’t find any of this unreasonable. But it depends on the context ofc
If you’re staying somewhere then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to share the chores.
If you’re just staying overnight then why isn’t he doing his own chores.
Do you do chores at your mum’s house?
Do you work/does your boyfriend work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending