123GRace321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I need ABB for Lancaster
I got a B in history, B in English and 1 mark off an A in sociology And it’s been like that for the whole year and I’m absolutely gutted/ I just so fed up of being 1 mark away and it’s starting to feel like they’re taking marks away for nothing because my teachers know what I need for university. Lancaster is my dream uni I’m so excited to get there but at this point 2 weeks doesn’t seem likely that anything will change. It’s honestly so infuriating, they said they’ll take the grade boundaries into consideration but that being said the grade matters the most and I’m so so close. Is it worth emailing Lancaster or should I pull out my offers?
JudiciousThinker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Speak to them you deserve to enter
123GRace321
Rep:
?
(Original post by JudiciousThinker)
Speak to them you deserve to enter
You mean speak to Lancaster or the teachers?
studygirl388
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can completely understand why this is really discouraging. However, you need to look at the positives. You are only one mark away! One mark is literally nothing and if you just look over your corrections/feedback then revise and remember this for next time, you can 100% get the A grade that you need. Two weeks is definitely enough time for this - it may not be a huge amount of time, but if you make a plan focused specifically on the content you've been struggling with, you have a pretty good chance. It's already been a very stressful academic year so hopefully Lancaster will take this into consideration. It could be worth emailing them. However, I think focusing on achieving the most marks possible is what's important at the moment. Don't be afraid to ask your teacher(s) questions or get them to mark any extra work. Make flashcards with all the points you didn't include in your mocks, and go over them. Again, and again.

Edit - let me know the things you have been doing to try and improve and/or if there's anything I can help with.

Good luck - I hope you get your university place!
Last edited by studygirl388; 1 week ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123GRace321)
I need ABB for Lancaster
I got a B in history, B in English and 1 mark off an A in sociology And it’s been like that for the whole year and I’m absolutely gutted/ I just so fed up of being 1 mark away and it’s starting to feel like they’re taking marks away for nothing because my teachers know what I need for university. Lancaster is my dream uni I’m so excited to get there but at this point 2 weeks doesn’t seem likely that anything will change. It’s honestly so infuriating, they said they’ll take the grade boundaries into consideration but that being said the grade matters the most and I’m so so close. Is it worth emailing Lancaster or should I pull out my offers?
Whilst frustrating & difficult you have to try and look at the academics through a professional & non-emotional lens (as your teachers & university admissions officers have to). Your performances in papers are what they are, keep working and trying to improve you standard such to get the best results possible, and hopefully get the required grades.

Sometimes universities have flexibility so you may get in any way, regardless.

The other thing is IF you get rejected don't be downhearted, just focus on what you want to learn and develop at during your degree studies. I always say with degrees its about what you achieve and accomplish at university not where you are. it's best to not fixate on 1 institution.
JudiciousThinker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123GRace321)
You mean speak to Lancaster or the teachers?
Both
123GRace321
Rep:
?
(Original post by JudiciousThinker)
Both
I did try to talk to my teacher but they were v firm about the fact that I’m not working towards an A and are warning me about malpractice if I query this any further, I tried asking if I could re submit some past assessments but I can’t do that either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (307)
76.94%
No (92)
23.06%

Watched Threads