Duke of edinburgh

Watch
Maryam077
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Has anyone done the duke of Edinburgh expedition if yes what should I take with me? And how was your experience? Did you enjoy it?
Äries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
close to the nature
make friends with teamates
knowledge of map reading and use of compass
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Having known the late Duke of Edinburgh for much of my life, I can tell you that His Royal Highness would be thrilled should you choose to partake in the Duke of Edinburgh award expedition.
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
All three of my daughters have done D of E expeditions. Not going to lie, they are gruelling if you get bad weather. On the other hand you get to hang out with friends, see glorious countryside and find out how to work in a team.
You'll need dried food as it is lighter than anything else and warm clothes. I'd also recommend you wrap your things in plastic inside your rucksack as if you get heavy rain, your things will stay dry.
sciencelover37
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I enjoyed DofE a lot! However if you’re not used to carrying such a heavy bag (and even if you are) you’re going to be really tired and have muscle aches at the end of it. My advice would be to bring as little as you can, as the kit really weighs you down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads