The Student Room Group

Most popular news anchor in America openly advocates for white nationalism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starship Trooper
No I'm English. I'm projecting my ideology onto the US because it's the most powerful and consequential nation in the world and with the rise of Trump has a large base sympathetic to my Christian Right Wing beliefs. If the US went in a direction you didn't like it would undoubtedly concern you. (Another reason I'm not a WN is that I'm not really a nationalist , although we have things in common)

Do you think that there are other ways to "terraform" a society such as gentrification or by placing one group into another - eg putting a drug rehab centre into a nice part of town, which whilst technically non violent will have adverse conditions upon the people living there?

Why do you not want Japanese culture to be wholesale replaced with American culture if it happens peacefully? I think to some extent we are living in unprecedented times. We have always had immigration for Instance but never so rapidly at such a scale in advanced economies.

So you are at least neutral on the idea of "terraforming" in certain circumstances.

Fair point.

I would consider both of those forms of cultural terraforming, yes.

Because it would be a shame from an anthropological (and/or political) standpoint.
You're right, we could theoretically see the massive external cultural changes due to immigration occur, but until then I don't see it as a threat.

I'm mostly ambivalent. It's only when it starts veering into racism/xenophobia that I get concerned.
Reply 61
Renée DiResta (Stanford Internet Observatory) on Carlson's vaccine conspiracy idiocy:

Never mind that experiencing a blood clot after receiving the J&J vaccine appears more unlikely than being struck by lightning. “There are reasons to believe those in fact aren’t the real numbers,” the Fox News host Tucker Carlson speculated hours after the FDA and CDC announcement. His 15-minute segment treated the government’s abundance of caution as evidence of nefarious intent. Carlson said:

[indent]"Now [Anthony] Fauci has declared that because the Johnson & Johnson vaccine has injured six people—and if that’s true, by the way, would make that vaccine much safer not just than birth-control pills, but safer than many other vaccines we’ve distributed in the past—because this one vaccine has hurt six people out of 7 million, we need to stop using it immediately. Does that make sense to you? No, it really doesn’t. It seems possible there may be more going on here."[/indent]

The segment was a master class in spreading conspiracy theories under the guise of merely asking questions. On a typical night, Carlson has a TV audience of a few million people. He got an additional boost on Facebook, where his video was the most popular post about the Johnson & Johnson pause. Forty-five thousand people shared it on the leading social-media platform—which was already awash in friend-of-a-friend stories about supposed side effects from COVID-19 shots, aspersions against vaccines more generally, and portrayals of pandemic-related public-health measures as affronts to personal liberty.

The Influencers Who Keep Stoking Fears About Vaccines - The Atlantic
Original post by Kecifer
It's just ironic that some white people and I say SOME, complain about being "replaced" (When America is still a majority white country, that won't change anytime soon) when their ancestors literally committed ethnic genocide and actually replaced the natives of the very country their descendants whine about being replaced. Don't act like the victim when you have a history of associating with perpetrators.
Defeated and conquered yh right, Europeans coming in with their big guns and armour, those poor natives stood no chance and I for one refuse to accept that as "conquering" bur rather unjust ethnic cleansing.

That's an interesting hot take.

So you would say that "white people" shouldn't complain because 'They have a history of associating with perpetrators'.

Does this apply to every ethnic group, or just white? For instance: If an ethnic group had people currently engaged in genocide, should that ethnic group as a whole bear responsibility? What about those whose ethnic ancestors committed horrendous acts hundreds of years ago? Should they bear responsibility for those as well? If not, why not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending