The Student Room Group

Daunte Wright

Ayo!
Gigi's back with another vent about a black lives matter case....please don't mind me.

Before you hop on my case, I am not saying that Duante made the right descision by running. All i'm asking is, how do you get a gun confused with a taser? If someone cal logically awnser that question, then maybe this case would be different, but nobody has one, because there sn't one...okay i'm done. Please put your thoughts RESPECTFULLY down below. NO RASCIT COMMENTS, JOKES, ETC!!! Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by theycallmegigi
All i'm asking is, how do you get a gun confused with a taser?

I don't know if this is the case with the incident in question, but if you've changed where they are on your belt, you might reach for one thinking it's the other.

Often, the taser will be on the 'wrong' side for someone's habitual reach, so you have to actively think about it, whereas teaching for a gun will be in the automatic position.
Moved to News and Current affairs
Original post by CoolCavy
Moved to News and Current affairs

oh okay, sorry didn't know i had to post it there. Thanks!
Original post by Drewski
I don't know if this is the case with the incident in question, but if you've changed where they are on your belt, you might reach for one thinking it's the other.

Often, the taser will be on the 'wrong' side for someone's habitual reach, so you have to actively think about it, whereas teaching for a gun will be in the automatic position.

I have police officers all throughout my family. I'll probably become one myself. Police officers are trained to konw the difference between the two. If you're holding a gun in your hand and saying "Taser".....and you're a police officer, that's some bad as heck training. A Taser has a whole different feel, it's even a whole DIFFERENT BRIGHT COLOR!(not trying to yell, just using all caps to make a a point). And the reason why the taser is on the "wrong" side, is so that we prevent these things from happening. And let's say it was an accident...she could still be charged with neglegant manslaughter. Which is the exact same thing Derrick Chuavan has just been charged with. If I kill someone in a car crash, and flea the scene, i still will get charged whether is was an accident or not, because I left.
Reply 5
I have police officers all throughout my family. I'll probably become one myself. Police officers are trained to konw the difference between the two. If you're holding a gun in your hand and saying "Taser".....and you're a police officer, that's some bad as heck training. A Taser has a whole different feel, it's even a whole DIFFERENT BRIGHT COLOR!(not trying to yell, just using all caps to make a a point). And the reason why the taser is on the "wrong" side, is so that we prevent these things from happening. And let's say it was an accident...she could still be charged with neglegant manslaughter. Which is the exact same thing Derrick Chuavan has just been charged with. If I kill someone in a car crash, and flea the scene, i still will get charged whether is was an accident or not, because I left.

I'm not saying it's an excuse, just why it could happen.
Original post by Drewski
I'm not saying it's an excuse, just why it could happen.

I know, I was just responding for the trolls in the future who might try to justify it. I appreciate you stating your opinion in a respectful way! :smile:
Original post by Wonjul
Only Black lives matter

Stfu Black nationalist and White simp allies

ayye bro imma need you to chill out with that stuff, we don't do that here. I said it plainly, put your comments RESPECTFULY! you not bout to sit here and bash other people or other races because guess what, THAT'S RACIST TOO!
(edited 2 years ago)

All i'm asking is, how do you get a gun confused with a taser?

By being a woman.
Original post by Starship Trooper
By being a woman.

okay....that's actually stupid. because the officer that killed Oscar Grant was a man! Check yo facts before you pull up with some Sexist mess like that.
okay....that's actually stupid. because the officer that killed Oscar Grant was a man! Check yo facts before you pull up with some Sexist mess like that.

Fair play I didn't know about that case, you got me, Queen +1
Fair play I didn't know about that case, you got me, Queen +1

awwe, he said queen...but no seriously, i'm a wild feminist! thanks for the rep tho.
awwe, he said queen...but no seriously, i'm a wild feminist! thanks for the rep tho.

You're welcome.

I'm a gentleman misogynist :tongue:
You're welcome.

I'm a gentleman misogynist :tongue:

lol, i can tell!
Reply 14
A split second decision and one that is usually conducted on autopilot, as it were, combined with poor training.
Alas it is unfortunate but i stand by it is not really the place of anyone who hasnt been in such positions as police/military are to pass judgement on what happens in the split second they have to act.
, how do you get a gun confused with a taser? If someone cal logically awnser that question, then maybe this case would be different, but nobody has one, because there sn't one...okay i'm done.

Are you serious?
Human error. It happens all the time in various ways from me forgetting my coffee was next to my elbow, even though I had only just put it there, and knocking it over, to pilots flying aircraft into the side of a mountain.
What's the alternative?
A 23 year veteran beat cop, deliberately on camera shot a black man thereby committing manslaughter at a time when the country is sitting on a powder keg, guaranteeing she would ruin her life into the bargain, spending years in prison as an ex cop, a fate worse than death in US prisons.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Napp
A split second decision and one that is usually conducted on autopilot, as it were, combined with poor training.
Alas it is unfortunate but i stand by it is not really the place of anyone who hasnt been in such positions as police/military are to pass judgement on what happens in the split second they have to act.

Original post by Just my opinion
Are you serious?
Human error. It happens all the time in various ways from me forgetting my coffee was next to my elbow, even though I had only just put it there, and knocking it over, to pilots flying aircraft into the side of a mountain.
What's the alternative?
A 23 year veteran beat cop, deliberately on camera shot a black man thereby committing manslaughter at a time when the country is sitting on a powder keg, guaranteeing she would ruin her life into the bargain, spending years in prison as an ex cop, a fate worse than death in US prisons.

I understand what humor error is. But there's no excuse. All i'm saying is that she had some bad as heck training. Police Ofiicers/MIlitary are traid for split second descisions, and high pressure situations. I know that it has been made out to be an "accident"(not saying that she went out with the intentions to kill him either.) but she was holding her gun for a while before she shot him. The taser was never in her hand. Yet and still, she hollers "taser taser taser" when there was a gun in her hand. That is not a "split second" descision. You can feel the difference between a gun and a taser. Its a different weight, color, and theres no saftey on a taser, you have to pull the saftey on a gun in order to fire. You guys can't use the arguement of an accident in this incident, because she was thouroughly thinking through what she was doing.
I understand what humor error is. But there's no excuse. All i'm saying is that she had some bad as heck training. Police Ofiicers/MIlitary are traid for split second descisions, and high pressure situations. I know that it has been made out to be an "accident"(not saying that she went out with the intentions to kill him either.) but she was holding her gun for a while before she shot him. The taser was never in her hand. Yet and still, she hollers "taser taser taser" when there was a gun in her hand. That is not a "split second" descision. You can feel the difference between a gun and a taser. Its a different weight, color, and theres no saftey on a taser, you have to pull the saftey on a gun in order to fire. You guys can't use the arguement of an accident in this incident, because she was thouroughly thinking through what she was doing.

So you are saying she did it deliberately?
Original post by caravaggio2
So you are saying she did it deliberately?

are you saying it was an accident? All we have are the facts, and we see what happened...so you decide for yourself
Justified

Dindunuffin

Black tears

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending