The Student Room Group

Would you rather vacation at the beach or in the mountains? Why?

I live in a tropical country, so I'll make do with beaches, but I'd love to try mountains if I got money.
Original post by beachborn78

I prefer beach. I like to walk on the soft, wet sand with the cool breeze flowing in my face.
I like to stare into the blue see that stretches as far as the eyes can see and further beyond.
Original post by beachborn78

The beaches, I think. Ships are close to the beaches, and I like to go by a shipto explore the sea around me.
Mountains.

In the Winter you're skiing or snowboarding, in the Summer you're hiking, mountain biking, or sat in hot tub.

There's also nothing to say a mountainous area can't be on a coastline with cliffs and stuff... i.e. Amalfi Coast in Italy, no beaches, just mountains to the sea.
beach for a relax holiday, mountains for an active adventure holiday :smile:
Beach!!!!!! Idc about mountains
I’ve never really like the beach as a holiday spot. Nice place to take photos but that’s about it for me.
The mountains would be a lot more interesting.
At the mountains overlooking the beach.
Depends on who I'm with. If with my best friend or my SO then mountains, if with my friendship group or a big group, then the beach.
Mountains cos I'd feel more at peace with nature there.
Mountain, I dislike hot weather and sand.
Mountains as I don't know how to swim and always have a fear of accidentally falling and drowning.😔
Beach to relax. Mountains to explore. Right now though, a beach to relax would be very welcomed :lol:
Beach for me, there is something about the sound of the waves and feel of the sand on my feet that relaxes me

Quick Reply

Latest