The Student Room Group

A level law

How would I answer this question?
(edited 2 years ago)
What are your thoughts so far?
Reply 2
Original post by Nightwish1234
What are your thoughts so far?

The problem is that I know what to include, but there are two crimes to write about and idk how to write about both without it becoming too much if you know what I mean.
Original post by Disko0207
The problem is that I know what to include, but there are two crimes to write about and idk how to write about both without it becoming too much if you know what I mean.

So, the question has told you to consider the crimes of murder and of offences against the person. The best place to start is by looking at the statute for these. For example for murder, you must show that there was the killing of a person with malicious aforethought, this requires the intention to kill or cause GBH (as per R v Cunningham). Look at your notes from your studies so far - does motive (that she lost her temper) matter? Is it just that she intended the action itself or to kill him?
So, does Gail satisfy these requirements? Have a go applying the facts to this rule. A similar approach should be applied to the second element of this question.

It is of no benefit to you to be simply be told the answer, you should try and work it out on your own first then we can offer feedback.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
The first section is obviously murder & then there is a defence for that as well. The second paragraph is a non fatal offence which you need to work out by the injury suffered by Gail, and a possible defence for Gails injuries. I would definitely consider causation for the second paragraph. In total you should be writing about 4 areas of law.

Quick Reply

Latest