The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to my firmed and confirmed uni anymore

Hey! I applied for university in 2019/2020. During the pandemic I picked my firm (Bristol) and insurance (KCL) at home. Later I decided to defer my offer at Bristol and instead apply for 2021 entry. I received my results on results day and confirmed my place.
Now a couple months later, I don't think I want to attend Bristol university. I think I just accepted it as I felt so lost without the support of college. I don't feel excited about going to Bristol and I don't think I will be right there. I'm not sure what I can do now as I have accepted the offer. I definitely want to go to university in September but I'm not sure of my options.

Can anyone help??? breakdown pending xxx
There's probably nothing you can do now, you'd probably have to re apply for 2022 entry. I guess you could email your other unis that you got offers from to see if you can sort something out, but it's unlikely. Maybe you could look into Bristol a bit more cause it might be right for you in the end, there's obviously a reason you chose it
Reply 2
When clearing opens in July have a look then x
Reply 3
Original post by thereisalightx
There's probably nothing you can do now, you'd probably have to re apply for 2022 entry. I guess you could email your other unis that you got offers from to see if you can sort something out, but it's unlikely. Maybe you could look into Bristol a bit more cause it might be right for you in the end, there's obviously a reason you chose it

That a good idea, thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Kizzab7
When clearing opens in July have a look then x

Ooh thank you! Would I have to decline my place to look at clearing?
Original post by sianemilyh

To officially enter yourself into Clearing, yes. You'd have to decline your place to get your Clearing ID and a list of universities in Clearing through UCAS.

In theory, you could call universities and ask if they have space, but they may refuse to talk to you if you don't have your clearing ID.

Ask Bristol to release you then send another application to where you want to go if they have spaces.
With a deferred place then you will need to ask Bristol to withdraw your deferred offer and submit a completely new 2021 application (including reference) in order to apply elsewhere. That includes if you want to use clearing.
Hey! I applied for university in 2019/2020. During the pandemic I picked my firm (Bristol) and insurance (KCL) at home. Later I decided to defer my offer at Bristol and instead apply for 2021 entry. I received my results on results day and confirmed my place.
Now a couple months later, I don't think I want to attend Bristol university. I think I just accepted it as I felt so lost without the support of college. I don't feel excited about going to Bristol and I don't think I will be right there. I'm not sure what I can do now as I have accepted the offer. I definitely want to go to university in September but I'm not sure of my options.

Can anyone help??? breakdown pending xxx

hey what's your course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending