The Student Room Group

I am having troubles with my girlfriend about sex

Hello. Recently I have been having troubles with my girlfriend, specifically about us needing sex to have an intimate relationship. We are both sexually experienced yet I am terrified of having sex with her because I am scared of a pregnancy. I have already discussed this with her and it is slowly driving a wedge in our amazing relationship. We have discussed different methods of contraception but in my mind I will always have major anxiety because I can never know for sure that the method we used is 100% pregnancy proof. We have had sex before and that month whilst I was waiting for her period was one of the most stressful of my life. I really think that she is the one but to her, no sex equals me not wanting her (which is entirely untrue and I have told her this many times). What should I do? I really don’t want to lose her but at the same time I don’t really see myself changing my anxiety about this anytime soon.
Your problem is your 100% standard. Nothing in life apart from death... repeat... nothing is 100%

If you don't sort your head out you will lose her - and anyone else.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Your problem is your 100% standard. Nothing in life apart from death... repeat... nothing is 100%

If you don't sort your head out you will lose her - and anyone else.

The thing is, I don’t really have a standard. I forgot to add this to the original post but I suffer from schizophrenia and every time I have sex or do things that have horrible consequences (at least in my pov) I am constantly barraged and forced to overthink by the voices inside my head.

Regardless, thank you very much for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest