Famous actor Noel Clarke accused of sexual impropriety

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Whilst the number of complaints raises eyebrows is it just me who thinks that this policy of treating all complainants as telling the truth (and thus Clark as a liar) is somewhat at odds with how we conduct justice? One might go as far as to call it perverse that the new normal is to prove ones innocence. This seeming to be the path taken with groups such as the BAFTAs giving him the boot on, as yet, unfounded allegations.
By all means treat accusations seriously but the idea that we should put blind faith in any random accusation (this goes for all people in all cases) seems perverse in ones book and a damn dangerous tilt in the way justice is delivered if people are seen as guilty until otherwise proven (nevermind the fact you cant really prove a negative).

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ng-by-20-women
SlaveofAll
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Whilst the number of complaints raises eyebrows is it just me who thinks that this policy of treating all complainants as telling the truth (and thus Clark as a liar) is somewhat at odds with how we conduct justice? One might go as far as to call it perverse that the new normal is to prove ones innocence. This seeming to be the path taken with groups such as the BAFTAs giving him the boot on, as yet, unfounded allegations.
By all means treat accusations seriously but the idea that we should put blind faith in any random accusation (this goes for all people in all cases) seems perverse in ones book and a damn dangerous tilt in the way justice is delivered if people are seen as guilty until otherwise proven (nevermind the fact you cant really prove a negative).

This should serve as a wake-up call for an even more cautious and more rigorous evaluation of accusations of any misdemeanor.
Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
While the mounting numbers do make it more likely he is guilty than if it was a lone accuser, I never watched the show but I would be pissed off if I had invested a week in doing so only for it to be pulled on the last night finale.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just a guess, But I have a feeling the BAFTAS received or viewed some evidence after the initial unfounded complaints that changed their minds from 'How do we weather this?' to 'Out! out! OUT!'

Always came across as slimy tbh.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ITV are rasclaats for pulling that last episode. Where do I complain about this?

(Original post by Just my opinion)
While the mounting numbers do make it more likely he is guilty than if it was a lone accuser, I never watched the show but I would be pissed off if I had invested a week in doing so only for it to be pulled on the last night finale.
Anyone can now come out and make an allegation. Neol Clarke touched my willy and made it fall off. Where's my victim compensation now?
Last edited by TheStupidMoon; 1 week ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheStupidMoon)
ITV are rasclaats for pulling that last episode. Where do I complain about this?

Anyone can now come out and make an allegation. Neol Clarke touched my willy and made it fall off. Where's my victim compensation now?
You can still get it on the ITV catch up - thank God. If you can forgive Noel for making your willy fall off.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)

The bosses at BAFTA have clearly had decent legal and PR advice and then handled it poorly.

These are their press releases:-

https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/p...ment-29-4-2021

The first press release of 29/4 could only be faulted in one respect. It wasn't obvious how this would play out to a finish if no-one investigated the allegations. A line about the BAFTA Council meeting to consider the allegations later would have given them the wriggle room to set up an inquiry if no-one else did.

The press release of 30/4 is a car crash of prejudice. All they needed to get over was that they knew nothing about the allegations before making the award.
one_two_three
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think once you have been named it is ever a case of proving yourself innocent. Regardless of the legal process and whatever ruling is determined from that, he will always been seen as guilty. Even those that protest his innocence will have a new limitation to their trust in him. That is the reality of these types of accusations.
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
Which show?
Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amin7)
Which show
His latest one were he played a cop that was about to screen the series finale at the end of a week, but they pulled it.
How annoying.
barnet1471
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Let us hope that justice is done reasonably soon. The current lengthy waits for court cases are no justice to those accused, victims, and indeed anyone who is going to give evidence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (134)
72.04%
No (52)
27.96%

Watched Threads