The Student Room Group

Graduate Medicine: Cambridge’s 5 Year Affiliate Programme

I’m looking at applying to Graduate Entry Medicine in the autumn and one of the options I’m considering is Cambridge’s A100 course as a graduate “affiliate” where the degree is a year shorter than the standard course.

This isn’t their A101 4 year graduate program but it is still one year shorter than their standard 6 year A100 course being 5 years in length. The option is only open to graduate applicants.

I understand that for graduate entry medicine, tuition fee loans aren’t provided for standard undergraduate medical courses that are 5 or 6 years. They’re only provided for graduate entry courses. But all the guidance online stipulates that these courses must be 4 years in length.

Where do courses like Cambridge’s 5 year graduate-only affiliate programme fit into this matrix? Would I be eligible for tuition loans because it is only open to graduate applicants or would I not be because it is longer than 4 years? This seems to be a growing classification of degree that isn’t only limited to Cambridge - Imperial offer a similar programme.

The information about the affiliate programme is available here on Cambridge’s website: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine
Original post by raiahadari
I’m looking at applying to Graduate Entry Medicine in the autumn and one of the options I’m considering is Cambridge’s A100 course as a graduate “affiliate” where the degree is a year shorter than the standard course.

This isn’t their A101 4 year graduate program but it is still one year shorter than their standard 6 year A100 course being 5 years in length. The option is only open to graduate applicants.

I understand that for graduate entry medicine, tuition fee loans aren’t provided for standard undergraduate medical courses that are 5 or 6 years. They’re only provided for graduate entry courses. But all the guidance online stipulates that these courses must be 4 years in length.

Where do courses like Cambridge’s 5 year graduate-only affiliate programme fit into this matrix? Would I be eligible for tuition loans because it is only open to graduate applicants or would I not be because it is longer than 4 years? This seems to be a growing classification of degree that isn’t only limited to Cambridge - Imperial offer a similar programme.

The information about the affiliate programme is available here on Cambridge’s website: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine

Please advise which college this would be at as I've searched the University of Cambridge database and can't find the course.
They have many different colleges so it could be on one of those databases instead.

That website says "Standard Course available at all Colleges except Hughes Hall" but I would need to know what college you are looking at.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending