The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
banana sandwich
Reply 2
Y'know those frozen mini sauage rolls you get..? Well, stick them in the oven, butter the bread and put a thin layer of ketchup on, then pile the hot sausage rolls over it. Ace :biggrin:

If you have leftover roast chicken, spread mayo on the bread like butter, but slices of chicken on then put some sweetcure bacon on top. Bit of salt and pepper, and you have yourself a yummy sandwich.

Or a few types of cheese and onion mixed together with some mayo is good too.
Reply 3
LaZyGaL
banana sandwich

No offence... but maybe not. Sorry!
Reply 4
Hayley...
Y'know those frozen mini sauage rolls you get..? Well, stick them in the oven, butter the bread and put a thin layer of ketchup on, then pile the hot sausage rolls over it. Ace :biggrin:

If you have leftover roast chicken, spread mayo on the bread like butter, but slices of chicken on then put some sweetcure bacon on top. Bit of salt and pepper, and you have yourself a yummy sandwich.

Or a few types of cheese and onion mixed together with some mayo is good too.

Sounds lovely! Trouble is, the hall I'm in at uni has only a microwave and a kettle for cooking things with, so I'm not likely to be making roast chicken. Good idea though... *Wishes for an oven and a hob*
Reply 5
LaZyGaL
banana sandwich

Eww. Banana on toast I'll give you, but not in a sandwich!
Reply 6
ham & cheese sandwich, tuna and mayonnaise sandwich.
Reply 7
trev
ham & cheese sandwich, tuna and mayonnaise sandwich.

Hmmm yes, though I'm trying to branch out from only having the everyday kind of fillings...
Reply 8
kew96158
No offence... but maybe not. Sorry!

none taken- bt it was d only thing i cud think of

hw about micro-chips on a thickly buttered slice of bread, with heaps of salt an vinegar....mmm, im tempted 2 go dwn an hav 1 now
Reply 9
kew96158
Sounds lovely! Trouble is, the hall I'm in at uni has only a microwave and a kettle for cooking things with, so I'm not likely to be making roast chicken. Good idea though... *Wishes for an oven and a hob*

Or indeed sausage rolls... Hmm..

What about sandwich steaks and mozzarella? Let the cheese melt on the hot food? Lush. Upmarket nosh :biggrin:

And thus expensive I guess...
Reply 10
Hayley...
What about sandwich steaks and mozzarella? Let the cheese melt on the hot food? Lush. Upmarket nosh :biggrin:

*Deafened by sound of stomach rumbling*
You know those chargrilled chicken thngies? :smile: Toast, them & a little bbq sauce :biggrin:
banana sandwiches are brilliant! love em!
Reply 13
Onearmedbandit
You know those chargrilled chicken thngies? :smile: Toast, them & a little bbq sauce :biggrin:

Sounds nice :smile:
Reply 14
I really only ever eat ham & swiss cheese, or brie and bacon, or occasionally roast beef and mustard. Very dull.
kew96158
Hi everyone,

What sandwich fillings can you recommend? Preferably ones you can make yourself easily. I love tuna/salmon mayonnaise and sweetcorn , but I think I should maybe branch out a bit.

So.... any ideas? Bearing in mind that I'm not into spicy food.

What's everyone's favourites?

I work in a sandwich bar, and I can heartily recommend pesto sauce, mozzarella and tomato :biggrin: Yummy! Good old cheese and Branston pickle is also delicious :smile:
BLT (bacon lettuce tomato) oooooooooohh

and if your really lazy you can get precooked bacon from marks and sparks which is damn fine!!!
Reply 17
Definately peanut butter(must be of the crunchy variety), and jam sandwiches. They are so yummy and never fail to put a smile on my face!
Reply 18
Mad_Monkey59
BLT (bacon lettuce tomato) oooooooooohh

and if your really lazy you can get precooked bacon from marks and sparks which is damn fine!!!

M&S also do those great chicken, bacon, and mayonnaise sub rolls.
Reply 19
temilola
Definately peanut butter(must be of the crunchy variety), and jam sandwiches. They are so yummy and never fail to put a smile on my face!

Hmmm I've heard of that combination, though I must confess I've never rustled up the courage to actually try one...

Latest

Trending

Trending