The Student Room Group

general fatigue / dizziness

Currently, ive been feeling very ill, my main symptoms are feeling very tired, quite headachey also very dizzy. It is exceptionally enfuriating as it is near to impossible to focus whenever im working as my eyes start drooping and i start feeling dizzy,
Does anybody have any ideas for what this may be? I don't believe it is sleep related as for the last week I have been sleeping earlier recieving around 9 hours each night, but even after I wake up I still feel tired and the dizziness persists. I've had these symptoms for around the last 4 days. I've never had an issue like this before in the past, and up to my knowledge i don't believe my sleep is being disrupted,

Any ideas ?
It is odd that it has come on very quickly otherwise I might question your blood pressure or having any deficiencies. It could be a small virus that is wearing you down but I'm not a doctor. Has your lifestyle changed in anyway recently eg. been abroad or changed eating habits? Or has anything in particular helped or made it worse?

In my opinion, I would call your GP and book an appointment if it continues but if it is a small virus it should clear up in the next week.

I give you my love and get well soon. xx
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Currently, ive been feeling very ill, my main symptoms are feeling very tired, quite headachey also very dizzy. It is exceptionally enfuriating as it is near to impossible to focus whenever im working as my eyes start drooping and i start feeling dizzy,
Does anybody have any ideas for what this may be? I don't believe it is sleep related as for the last week I have been sleeping earlier recieving around 9 hours each night, but even after I wake up I still feel tired and the dizziness persists. I've had these symptoms for around the last 4 days. I've never had an issue like this before in the past, and up to my knowledge i don't believe my sleep is being disrupted,

Any ideas ?

Sometimes things to do with the ears can make you feel dizzy. I once had labyrinthitis which affected my balance.

I'm not sure whether you are female, but you may be low on iron.

I'd get as much rest as possible and plenty of fluids over the weekend and then give the GP a call on Tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest