Deleted
Last edited by thebeatles123; 2 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thebeatles123)
Hello, I was studying nursing but I had to leave my course due to personal circumstances. I believe I may have ADHD and I have yet to be diagnosed with this, and I feel that my symptoms were the main reason why I struggled with my placement and subsequent failed it. So this was why I chose not to retake the placement - I felt that until I got some official support, I would not be suited to the role of a student nurse and that it was likely that I would fail the retake placement. I left at the beginning of second year and applied for compelling personal reasons (the ADHD and some anxiety too, both of which I’ve been to the GP about) and they’ve been accepted, meaning I have full funding for the BA I’m starting in September (not health related). I’m on the waiting list for an ADHD diagnosis.

I’m considering doing an msc in speech and language therapy (or possibly nursing if I’ve 100% get support for my ADHD) after my BA if, after getting some SLT experience, I like it. I understand since this is an allied health course I’ll be entitled to funding, however I’m worried that the fact I did a year of child nursing means I won’t be able to access it. Will I be able to access it if I prove that I had to leave the nursing course due to reasons out of my control - the ADHD? I’m hoping to have gained a diagnosis by then. As stated before, I’m on the waiting list. Thank you.
Hi, I can confirm your previous study will not affect your eligibility for the 'msc in speech and language therapy' course. You will need to apply for undergraduate funding for this postgraduate healthcare course, you won't be able to apply online - you will need to apply by sending a paper application form in the post.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise