The Student Room Group

does anyone get severe anxiety surrounding jobs/first days or generally in group sett

I have always had social anxiety but its never been this bad, in group settings I will stutter and shake and tremble. If someones talks to me rudely same will happen, if something happened that made me anxious /uncomfortable before and I meet the same people I will sweat and my voice will tremble. I have had bad work experiences where I was made to feel unwelcome as I was new and didn't have knowledge and was shamed for it. This has resulted in severe anxiety now for new jobs. Worst part it that after that incident I got a new job expecting something bad to happen and guess what it did, I was shamed again for asking a question and this just confirmed my anxiety etc, I hate it so much and I'm 21 now and its just such a big problem in my life. This is why I stay at home all the time. I am fine in small groups with 3 people but not more than that. I have never met anyone with such had symptoms like me. The voice shaking and stuttering is the worst. When I realise I go through it and then realise that others probably have noticed my anxiety worsens and my heart starts beating and my back gets hot. its the worst, Does anyone else get eth same? please share your experiences if you have
Hi, i have bad anxiety too! Im 17 nearly 18 n suffered all the way through school i find it extremely difficult to mske friends in college and gling uni im scared bout meeting new people. When im nervous i also stutter and shsje my bavk goes hot abd i sweat n i feel like im being suffocated. In these situations iv learned to remove myself from the room n give myself a few minutes think if somthing different n it can help. But i want you to know that having all this isht weird coz alot of people get it. Here if u need a chat:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Maddielonglegs1
Hi, i have bad anxiety too! Im 17 nearly 18 n suffered all the way through school i find it extremely difficult to mske friends in college and gling uni im scared bout meeting new people. When im nervous i also stutter and shsje my bavk goes hot abd i sweat n i feel like im being suffocated. In these situations iv learned to remove myhey self from the room n give myself a few minutes think if somthing different n it can help. But i want you to know that having all this isht weird coz alot of people get it. Here if u need a chat:smile:

hey thank you so much and same for you, you can message me too xx you're the first person I know apart from me whos back gets very hot too lol
Its an odd sensation but i get very hot all over almost like im sitting in direct sunlight xx
Reply 4
Original post by Maddielonglegs1
Its an odd sensation but i get very hot all over almost like im sitting in direct sunlight xx

Yes exactly its like a wave of heat that comes over. And another weird feeling that I don't know if you get or not but I get the intense heat but in my head that comes in like a wave whenever someone confronts/ is mean to me. Its all the axniety , and I hateeee it
This is usually normal. Dont worry about it. Be good to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest