GeorgeT10
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey.

So I'll be honest, the last few months have been pretty hectic & out of the ordinary.

To keep it short, I haven't been in mainstream education since December last year and I will not be returning until I start at college in September.

The year 11s in my school are leaving at the end of May (at the same time as the half term break) and so therefore a judgement has been made that I don't return for those few weeks before & get a head start on what I'm doing at A-Level.

The problem is, I'm unsure what I should do. I've found some videos on YouTube & I'm taking notes but other than that it's been difficult to find much else.

I'm taking history, psychology and politics - if there is any advice you could give surrounding prep work for college or just any general tips they'd be hugely appreciated.

George
Squiggles1238
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello! What exam board is your a level psychology course with?
GeorgeT10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Hello! What exam board is your a level psychology course with?
AQA, though history & politics are both Edexcel (in case others ask the same question!)
Squiggles1238
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i am currently studying AS level AQA psychology (and will be doing the A2 content starting september.) i have currently completed studying approaches (apart from humanistic and psychodynamic but i have a general understanding of them anyway), social influence, memory, the research methods content for AS. i am half way though studying attachment and ive just started biopsychology. I am an A grade student thus far in psychology, so i would be more than happy to help you in your prep for officially starting the A level in september!
i would also highly recommend buying the textbook (either double check which one your school/college would like you to buy or just buy the newest edition second hand) as that is a really good starting point when it comes to getting your head around the topics due to the lay out of it
GeorgeT10
Rep:
?
Thank you so much, it's hugely appreciated! I'll have a look for second hand books online and see what I can find
cactussalad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
to be honest, id say enjoy the break as there won't be such a long one until after a levels. I would ask the school about the textbook as some have them online so you may not want to pay for it just yet. Id say read about the bits of the subjects you're doing that really interest you.

Take the time for yourself and try not to get too stressed out by being ahead in a level by the time you start - the teachers are there to teach you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.18%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.02%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.92%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.07%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.23%

Watched Threads