Unit 20 Access to HE Social Science Unit

Watch this thread
Mildvinc
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone done this Unit and would help with some direction in answering it. I have a case study and I am to identify issues within it whilst answering the questions below. How do you apply the case study to the question. How do you link the two?

You are required to write an essay which analyses and evaluates the issues raised within the case study provided. The case study can be found in the “Download Assessor Guidance” below.

You must ensure that your essay includes each of the following in relation to the issues raised in the case study:
• An evaluation of the procedure from arrest to trial of a defendant, and the legal assistance obtained from the Criminal Defence Service.
• An analysis of the procedure that is followed before the accused is sentenced.
• An evaluation of theories of punishment in criminal law.
• An evaluation of the aims of sentencing.
• A discussion of the types of sentences available for adult and juvenile offenders.
nbradley210
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Hi,Im stuck on this too. Did you manage in the end?
Lbecky
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi did you manage this I'm just trying to complete the evaluation of procedure from arrest to trial....but really struggling with the word count as I estimate about 400 words for this section which this doesn't give alot of room for depth in evaluation if I'm going to mention all of the procedure ? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
22.97%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (9)
12.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.51%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.32%

Watched Threads