JessicaWw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So here’s the alevels I’m picking - English lit, Psychology and economics, maybe core maths as a 4th.

My grades for maths and science are 5s but I’m on foundation so I cannot do alevel in sciences like chemistry, biology or physics.

Are these good alevels to take for the careers I’d like to go down?

If you have any suggestions please let me know
Justaboutman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You can do law and teaching with any subject.
I'm not sure why you would do core maths, I thought that wouldn't be of any use in uni applications?
It really is true that you should choose your favourite subjects, so just do that.
Bree_Dav
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'd say yes, but also consider Law for an A Level. Even without it you're fine, but it might help with bridging the gap before uni
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bree_Dav)
also consider Law for an A Level.
No-one needs to do Law at A level to do a Law degree.
Please stop giving this 'advice' - its not helpful as many schools/college do not offer A level Law and it is NOT needed.
JessicaWw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Please stop giving this 'advice' - its not helpful as many schools/college do not offer A level Law and it is NOT needed.
I’m just thinking of English, Psychology and economics. I’ve heard it doesn’t matter what alevels you do for law as long as you do good in them. English is there as a back up so I could be an English teacher.
Bree_Dav
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
I'm not saying that it is needed, but I'm saying that it could help them (sorry unaware of gender pronouns) understand what they're getting into.

But it is tru that the subjects you have are fine, which i mentioned in my previous message but seems to be conveniently cut out of your quote.
Bree_Dav
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by JessicaWw)
I’m just thinking of English, Psychology and economics. I’ve heard it doesn’t matter what alevels you do for law as long as you do good in them. English is there as a back up so I could be an English teacher.
yeah, it sounds good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads