Additional Student Funding (Potential Loans)

Watch
LewisPA13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
So basically I've just been wondering about how to go about gaining additional student funding. I'm currently trying to book my CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and I'm struggling financially to support it (as the uni student life goes ). I've had a look around different services online to see about gaining an additional loan, but so far Smart-Pig looks like the safest bet. This would just about cover the CBT and my current living situation, but I would also need to find somewhere to gain a loan for a scooter / moped upon completing my CBT. Individual services offer loans as well, but I'm concerned that because I'm in full time study only doing Uber Eats as a job on the side for small additional income (about £30 a week), that I'll be rejected from both loans (for CBT and scooter). Anyone have any advice about additional funding that I'd be applicable for outside of student finance? Thanks
Last edited by LewisPA13; 1 month ago
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LewisPA13)
Hi,
So basically I've just been wondering about how to go about gaining additional student funding. I'm currently trying to book my CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and I'm struggling financially to support it (as the uni student life goes ). I've had a look around different services online to see about gaining an additional loan, but so far Smart-Pig looks like the safest bet. This would just about cover the CBT and my current living situation, but I would also need to find somewhere to gain a loan for a scooter / moped upon completing my CBT. Individual services offer loans as well, but I'm concerned that because I'm in full time study only doing Uber Eats as a job on the side for small additional income (about £30 a week), that I'll be rejected from both loans (for CBT and scooter). Anyone have any advice about additional funding that I'd be applicable for outside of student finance? Thanks
Hi LewisPA13

Thanks for getting in touch. Is the Compulsory Basic training part of current degree study? Probably the best place to start if you're studying with us, is to speak to our Money Doctor service run by the SU - https://www.staffsunion.com/advice/money/

Alternatively, you can contact our Finance advisors via [email protected]

I hope you're able to find a solution that helps get you through your studies.

Best wishes, Shaun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads