HannahGuys
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys anyone know how I can remember the reactivity series for my exam. like for monkey eats peanut butter is methane Ethane pentane and butane. anything like that please do tell me about the reactivity series.Name:  Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 11.53.01.png
Views: 17
Size:  234.1 KB
Last edited by HannahGuys; 1 month ago
Cam3r0n
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahGuys)
hey guys anyone know how I can remember the reactivity series for my exam. like for monkey eats peanut butter is methane Ethane pentane and butane. anything like that please do tell me about the reactivity series.Name:  Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 11.53.01.png
There’s a mnemonic from this website. You might want to check exactly how much of the series you have to remember for your exam board.

https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/gcse-c...ity-of-metals/

Name:  651E5811-E0B3-4F1F-AE55-BE8DF4156606.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  20.7 KB
aamilah16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i guess you just need to memorise what is below hydrogen..Cu and Ag
epica213
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HannahGuys)
We got taught this mnemonic - includes carbon (C) and hydrogen (H) in CAPS

Please
Stop
(lithium isn't included in this one)
Calling
My
Amazing
COLOURFUL
Zebra
In
The (this is tin but isn't really necessary)
HISTORY
Class
She
Grunts
Politely (platinum is just a little add on. If you don't want to learn it, ignore it)

- note -
it will be important for the exam to remember where H and C go because that knowledge will be required for electrolysis/reduction questions
Last edited by epica213; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.04%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.14%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.7%

Watched Threads