The Student Room Group

Applied for a job at a place I shoplifted from?

Right so I went through a bit of a shoplifting phase August/September last year. I realised how wrong it was and never did it again and felt super guilty after, I think I just enjoyed the thrill of it. I stole a few items from primark with some friends and was never caught. I've just applied for a job at a different store from the one I stole from, but is there any way that they'd find out if I got the job? I know it was wrong but it's in the past and I'd never do it again
I doubt they will have found out depending on the value of which you stole they would have come after you if it was that significant. You should just never mention it again and you should be good. Good luck and if your really that concerned go for another job there's plenty out there.
Original post by lifestartsnow.x
Right so I went through a bit of a shoplifting phase August/September last year. I realised how wrong it was and never did it again and felt super guilty after, I think I just enjoyed the thrill of it. I stole a few items from primark with some friends and was never caught. I've just applied for a job at a different store from the one I stole from, but is there any way that they'd find out if I got the job? I know it was wrong but it's in the past and I'd never do it again

If you were never caught, then you should be ok. Especially if it's a different store- they wouldn't know about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending