Paige.allanahx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya, I am studying a distance learning psychology course and am really struggling with revision. I have an exam on Social influence, memory, attachment and psychopathology. Can anyone help on revision tips/ key notes to memorise? Thank you
user_5678
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paige.allanahx)
Hiya, I am studying a distance learning psychology course and am really struggling with revision. I have an exam on Social influence, memory, attachment and psychopathology. Can anyone help on revision tips/ key notes to memorise? Thank you
Hi,
For psychology, I find that making detailed notes from the textbook in lessons, then for revision making flashcards to go over and doing exam questions really helps me. Personally, I find that the memory topic is easiest to remember anyway, so when revising memory, I only really focus on briefly going over the key studies. But, in general, when revising, I tend to either write out little questions and answers on flashcards, copy down the 'key points' boxes in the textbooks (the ones that have them), or watch (while making notes) revision videos on youtube. I'm a kinaesthetic learner, so I find re-writing information in brief notes, even if I think I already know it, helps me remember it better. However, a friend of mine I know learns best through hearing, so often asks a friend to read out notes to her as a way of her revising.
Hope this helps!
Paige.allanahx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by user_5678)
Hi,
For psychology, I find that making detailed notes from the textbook in lessons, then for revision making flashcards to go over and doing exam questions really helps me. Personally, I find that the memory topic is easiest to remember anyway, so when revising memory, I only really focus on briefly going over the key studies. But, in general, when revising, I tend to either write out little questions and answers on flashcards, copy down the 'key points' boxes in the textbooks (the ones that have them), or watch (while making notes) revision videos on youtube. I'm a kinaesthetic learner, so I find re-writing information in brief notes, even if I think I already know it, helps me remember it better. However, a friend of mine I know learns best through hearing, so often asks a friend to read out notes to her as a way of her revising.
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I feel like we learn in very similar ways so I will definitely give this all a go!
user_5678
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paige.allanahx)
Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I feel like we learn in very similar ways so I will definitely give this all a go!
Your welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed